Fresh water Question

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I hunt fresh water swimming holes be it lakes or swimming areas on the sides of rivers or canals here in the U.P. of Michigan and one thing that I have noticed is on one half of the swim area is like a scrap yard and the other half is swim area. The srap side is nothing from to date it is from the past the beer cans I dig have the tops that you would have to use a triangle can opener to drink or the peel away tabs. I have also found old pocket watch parts,boat parts, I have even found some tricycle parts and other odds and ends.
Now on the swim side I find the normale stuff i.e. some can slaw maybe a few nails that type of stuff. My question is have any of you ever had this of have this in your hunting area. Just thought that I would ask.
HH-drewan29

Upvote 0

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes on one far side of mine all i seem to find is world coins and iron scrap no idea why but its agenst a wall of rock so maybe its a blocker... ik theres gold there somewhere with all the world coins

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drewan29 said:
I hunt fresh water swimming holes be it lakes or swimming areas on the sides of rivers or canals here in the U.P. of Michigan and one thing that I have noticed is on one half of the swim area is like a scrap yard and the other half is swim area. The srap side is nothing from to date it is from the past the beer cans I dig have the tops that you would have to use a triangle can opener to drink or the peel away tabs. I have also found old pocket watch parts,boat parts, I have even found some tricycle parts and other odds and ends.
Now on the swim side I find the normale stuff i.e. some can slaw maybe a few nails that type of stuff. My question is have any of you ever had this of have this in your hunting area. Just thought that I would ask.
HH-drewan29

Where are you located, heading up your way the 12th, been doing it several times a year for about the last 15, just not so much in the past two years. And "yes"...what you speak of is rather the norm. Most of it has to do with the natural makeup of the bottom, the best and cleanest bottom section usually ends up being the preferred beach section, most people just don't like weeds and silt in their toes so they tend to gravitate to wherever the bottom is best. In "maintained" beach areas sometimes the majority of the care is isolated to just one small portion of the beach so it gets most of the use. If we are going to be in your area maybe we can hookup for a hunt or two? I can't wait to hit the water up there! PM me if you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread