79 KB · Views: 516

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs bud, I wish I could get on a site like that.Sure cleaned up nice as well :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
These were off multiple privy digs. I just got a new permission last night and hopefully we can dig it this weekend. It should be a pontiled age pit!
Chuck

Nu2Poo

Oct 4, 2007
Cincinnati
Detector(s) used
Whites Xlt w/ Bullseye pinpointer
Hey Chuck, Fancy seeing you here! I saw all of those Cincy & local bottles and knew it was you or Rob. Nice stuff you got there. Eddie, Mike and I haven't dug for months it seems and that just sucks.
See ya around!
Steve

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
steve, what is up man?? Been too busy to dig? Send an email or personal message my way or get my number from Mike and we will dig a pit. I have permissions and we could use a third. I am way overdue to dig a good one.
Chuck

paleo10kbc

Feb 13, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer505
Those are some very nice Ohio bottles!
Thanks for sharing!
Paleo10kbc

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Thanks. We have just been paying dues lately. The last two privies that we dug were busts. It is a heck of a lot of work to come up with nothing. Nice axe by the way!
Chuck

mollymole

Greenie
Apr 16, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
fisher??underwater
Hi there.Texas callin"!any good tips on finding old bottles and such.I was told if theres a seam up the side of a bottle that means it's leaded.Is that true.How in gods green earth are you supposed to be able to locate where OLD outhouses were,I heard they buried a lot of glass in these areas.OOps Am I not supposed to say that.I've noticed you guys are pretty secretive.I dont want your secrets,just tips thanx,Molly

OP
OP
ohio

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Molly, I am fortunate to live in an area that has many older homes. I usually shoot for places that are 1880 or older. I use a steal rod to probe the ground. The lots here are often small and the privy pits are usually in one of the back corners. A guy i know has a website that you may want to check out privydigger.com . He has some tips on there and also sells probes. Are you in an urban area that has older homes? If you are in the country you may have to seek older dumps although I do not have too much experience with that. Good luck and keep us posted on what you come up with.
Chuck

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUUUUUUUDE 8)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008