Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a stroll on one of the beaches on Lake Keystone today. The lake is so low it was huge! I was able to hunt an area that whould normallly be underwater without going into the water! I have found two rings here earlier in the year and just knew I would score today, but alas it was not to be. My best detector isn't back from the shop yet so I took my ACE250, which is a fine detector in its own right but not my GTI 2500! All I found was a little clad, a ladies watch ruined by the water, and a costume marijuana pin! The lake is very high in salinity, almost as bad as the ocean and several of the pennies are cookie coins. Monty

Upvote 0

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Monty,

Sounds like you have an awesome place to hunt while the water's low. Good luck,

tb

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty,

sure would keep hitting that place every chance you get. An opportunity like that is a Godsend.

have a good un................

D

Darod

Sound like you had fun and that's all that matter,.....of course finding gold is nice too ;)

There's nothing better then knowing you have a spot that has some good finds still in the dirt!
Keep us posted!

Rod

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Monty said:
an area that whould normallly be underwater without going into the water!?

:o :o oh my goodness :o :o
......a dream come true ;)

L

Lu Y. Hale

Well Ellsworth and Lawtonka are way down, lots of bare places, even the boat launch is bare out to the edge of the dock, and I plan on looking them over but since I just moved to Lawton it will take me some time to find out the hot spots on these lakes. :)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be going back today. I noticed an island that is normally out in the water can now be reached by land. There is an ATV trail leading out to it. It's where the big boats and yachts usually tie up and party. I have an ATV so I plan to load up and cruise over there before the lake rises again. Monty

B

BOB in TX

Monty we have been hunting a abandoned beach like yours,am going back tomorrow in the water,so far 38 ring out of the beach.LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread