Freshwater hunt in search of lost ring ...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turned up everything but it
friend got vague report of a lost engagement ring at a fresh water spot
decided to give it a shot yesterday. Got there early and it started to rain - so we had the whole place
to our selves - there are 3 small beaches here - we started where ring was supposedly reported lost
we went out as far as we could and crisscrossed each other trying to leave no spot unhit. this beach
is only like 30 yards by 20 yards - didn't take long to do it - my friend got 2 junk rings and I got
tarnished red stone ring marked 925. We decided to move to the main beach which is only about twice the size
-second hit there was a sac $ for me - I went out to six foot area - got a hit - looked down with mask and saw gold ring
dropped down to grab it - ended up being aluminum bubble gum ring:BangHead:
little while later got another hit in 5 feet of water - looked down and saw what looked like another thin aluminum band
dropped down and picked it up - looked inside and saw 10k - we both did pretty good in the new change dept.
got some other junk jewelry - we deiced to walk a mile thru the woods to another tiny spot - we had not hit here in a few yrs
though small we both got a fair amount of coins -both our first targets were presidential $ coins - I got some more junk jewelry and then got the claddagh ring which is marked 925
- got a broken silver bracelet there too - hadn't hunted with my friend since the Spring - had a good time
and made a few finds - just nice to get out :thumbsup:
C00156.JPGc0158.JPGC00161.JPG

Upvote 0
Nice hunt. Ring might just be a bit to deep. He gl -Joe

turned up everything but it
friend got vague report of a lost engagement ring at a fresh water spot
decided to give it a shot yesterday. Got there early and it started to rain - so we had the whole place
to our selves - there are 3 small beaches here - we started where ring was supposedly reported lost
we went out as far as we could and crisscrossed each other trying to leave no spot unhit. this beach
is only like 30 yards by 20 yards - didn't take long to do it - my friend got 2 junk rings and I got
tarnished red stone ring marked 925. We decided to move to the main beach which is only about twice the size
-second hit there was a sac $ for me - I went out to six foot area - got a hit - looked down with mask and saw gold ring
dropped down to grab it - ended up being aluminum bubble gum ring:BangHead:
little while later got another hit in 5 feet of water - looked down and saw what looked like another thin aluminum band
dropped down and picked it up - looked inside and saw 10k - we both did pretty good in the new change dept.
got some other junk jewelry - we deiced to walk a mile thru the woods to another tiny spot - we had not hit here in a few yrs
though small we both got a fair amount of coins -both our first targets were presidential $ coins - I got some more junk jewelry and then got the claddagh ring which is marked 925
- got a broken silver bracelet there too - hadn't hunted with my friend since the Spring - had a good time
and made a few finds - just nice to get out :thumbsup:
View attachment 1204035View attachment 1204036View attachment 1204037

I wish!

Good job, and on to your next hunt!

Well done C2!

Still looked like you had a great hunt

Nice! love the seahorse. What does the dog tag say?

Hey - All we can do, Is give it our best shot - Maybe it will pop out in a future hunt! Good Luck Casper.

Sounds like a great hunt to me! Sorry that you didn't find the lost ring tho.

Another great hunt, Casper.

Congrats on those treasures:headbang:

Enjoyable post!

Lorraine

Looks like you still had a blast. Now you know you have to go back and get the good one :)

Fun times. Good hunt.

Its great hunting with friends and you pulled some nice rings to make it a truly great day...congrats.

Nice! love the seahorse. What does the dog tag say?
dog tag is an OLD NAVY one - off jeans I guess
seahorse is brass with enamel - went off like a can

Who finds a seahorse? ... Casper.:notworthy:

I was hunting a Ct. bch few yrs back - went under a buoy line that in the past has had baby shrimp attatched to it
when Id get out Id have a bunch in my pouch - one day got out and poured my finds out on my gals blanket
to my surprise there was a huge live seahorse - Id seen small ones in southern waters never saw one up here
he was 4-5 inchs long - must have been chowing on the shrimp - told my gal quickly cup her hands and get him back in the water
hope he survived

+1 for the seahorse. That's a keeper in the category of interesting and neat finds. Thanks for sharing.

Great hunt Mr Casper!! Looks like another trip is needed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back