Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday & Sunday hunt

This past Friday I joined TreasureFiend, Silvergurl and Kimsdad for a morning hunt
in the woods and was pleased that the 'skeeters decided to sleep in in for a change.
It was nice to see Kermit get a cool Merc and Silvergurl find her oldest Wheats :thumbsup:

Aside from the usual shotgun shell brass, my first decent find was a "Stefan Vrabec"
token that was "Good for 5-cents in Trade". It's about the size of a quarter and almost
as thick as a dime. . . has anyone seen one like this?

DSC_9405.JPG

Toward the end on my hunt, I found a silver-plated butter knife, a George Washington
coin (copper) and a "3 Merry Widows" tin (what a surprise ::))

DSC_9404.JPG

Sunday's hunt was only for an hour or two but I'm happy to report, my silver drought
has FINALLY ended.

While hunting the woods across the street from where I hunted Friday, I got a super-solid
quarter signal and about 5-inches down, was a "no-date" SLQ. About 20-minutes later
while hunting along a deer trail, I dug a shallow target which turned out to be a metal,
yellow chicken that appears to have been used for shotgun target practice. . . if you look
close, you can see the small indentations from the shotgun pellets.

DSC_9407.JPG

Thanks for looking & HH!
watercolor

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Friday & Sunday hunt

AWESOME JOB BUD!!!!! You always find the coolest stuff!!!! Can't wait to get back out and hunt with ya again!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Really cool finds Mark. I especially like the token and congrad's on the sweet SLQ. :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Which came first? The chicken or the, oh you already stated which came first. Got some of those little sils. down here in the Lowbatts firing range. They come with pellet/bb gun traps and yeah, apparently yours got "outgunned."

That's a cool token! Looks like a great homework assignment with it's barebones info.

Nice way to end the silver drought!

Silvergurl

Jul 10, 2009
The Shire (near O'hare)

Lowbatts,

Would MY silver "drought" be like my first time (hunting) if I never had the experience, I'm not really missing it? :wink: Ya' know cuz haven't found silver yet. :laughing9:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Silvergurl said:
Lowbatts,

Would MY silver "drought" be like my first time (hunting) if I never had the experience, I'm not really missing it? :wink: Ya' know cuz haven't found silver yet. :laughing9:

Nope, you're still hanging onto you're coil's inability to swing itself over the goodies. You have to guide it into you're first silver experience.... Just let yourself go and take that coil to places it's never been before and it will give back. Kermit knows, he's been there with that coil.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool finds

Interesting!!!!

SLQ it's been a while that one was dug....

Silvergurl

Jul 10, 2009
The Shire (near O'hare)

Lowbatts said:
Silvergurl said:
Lowbatts,

Nope, you're still hanging onto you're coil's inability to swing itself over the goodies. You have to guide it into you're first silver experience.... Just let yourself go and take that coil to places it's never been before and it will give back. Kermit knows, he's been there with that coil.

:o True. On many different levels. Thanks! :wink:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GREAT FINDS THERE MARK, WTG!!

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II

Nice variety of relics, Mark. And awesome job on the SLQ. :icon_thumleft: What a coin to end the drought!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread