Fridays beach finds, slim pickings

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my favorite spot on the beach is done till the next major storm. Had to work really hard just to pull up the small amount that i did.

I never will get tired of pulling Merc. dimes or wheaties though. I can go hours of pulling crap but all it takes is one nice looking coin you dont see everyday to make me satisified.

subway token first for me. Its from the 80's though.
3 wheats 1947, 1942, 1937

HH

Attachments

• mercback.jpg
    mercback.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 119
  • mercfront.jpg
    mercfront.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 117
  • nycsubway.jpg
    nycsubway.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 1

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am impressed with all of your finds since Sandy. Can you take a pic of all of your finds at that spot? It will give me incentive, since I have had a disappointing haul this year so far.

OP
OP
Marko0916

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi claire, nice to hear from you again.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed since sandy. I'm not sure what floats your boat, me personally, i like finding the older stuff on the beach and bays. I also walk a long distance to get to the spots not hit much, some spots i dont think anybody even tried going to. I'm talking about wearing waders and sinking a couple of feet in salty mud :), crossing the marshy canals. If you see a head in those areas thats prob. me :)

Most of my stuff is listed below minus some gold and silver that somehow disapeared from my jars :)
Not sure how much i have in change, stopped counting it but i keep all the copper pennies seperate. I love wheats so i package them seperately. 3 indian head nickels i couldn't get the date off are soaking in oil, probably for the next month.
My favorites, the 2 lib. quarters / 1/2 dollar / and mercs.

Still not close to paying off my machine. I guess i'm going to have to hit the populated beach area's a little bit more.
R.Mos will be opening up shortly i hear.

HH

all.jpg all1.jpg all2.jpg silver1.jpg silvergold2.jpg

I think my favorite spot on the beach is done till the next major storm. Had to work really hard just to pull up the small amount that i did.

I never will get tired of pulling Merc. dimes or wheaties though. I can go hours of pulling crap but all it takes is one nice looking coin you dont see everyday to make me satisified.

subway token first for me. Its from the 80's though.
3 wheats 1947, 1942, 1937

HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow great finds!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Yeah, I draw the line at waders. I am pretty much a feet on the beach kinda gal! I did find a spot (pre-sandy) that has given up a couple of old halves, indians and a few mercs, its still closed to the public, but I will be the 1st at the gate when it opens. Glad to hear about R.Mos. Guess Ill have to beat you there! Thanks for sharing your finds. It is inspiring me to get out there today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread