Fridays Mini Road Trip.......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday's Mini Road Trip.......

My boxes have been pretty slim this week.....not sure just yet what has changed, but something has definitely changed. I have pulled very minimal silver this week. I'll get it figured out.

Yesterday I took off for a short road trip. It was an trip that was not planned. I had no specific route...banks I wanted to hit....just took off.

Early on I had trouble even finding halves to search. The most exciting was a bank that had 7 rolls. Three of these 7 were full of clad.....silverless. Now, the other 4 rolls held 7 1955 Franklin's.....yes 7 1955. It also held a lone 40%. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.................

I also pulled a 1970-D which was pretty fun too.

The totals........

7-64's
3-65's
8-66's
28-67's
14-68's
6-69's
1-70
8-Franklin's 1-54 & 7-55's
1-71-S Proof

77 Keepers

Attachments

• P3230012.jpg
    P3230012.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 350
  • P3230013.jpg
    P3230013.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 360
  • P3230014.jpg
    P3230014.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Re: Friday's Mini Road Trip.......

Hmmmm 7 '55s and a 70D sounds like your little road trip was pretty damn good LJ ....77 keepers is awesome ...must be the conv. ha , mine doesnt bring me those kind of keepers ... anyways kudos for another great haul :thumbsup:

Oops think that I miss read your post ... anyways I am sure that you be back on track soon

Best of luck with your boxes next week , S

Tim (PA)

Oct 26, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
XLT

LJ,

A "High Five" for you... great totals :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

It would seem to me the obvious question here should be..... Are any of those 55's sporting buck teeth??

Nice haul once again LJ

Mojo

TT

Jan 15, 2008
Milky Way

LJ...still a nice haul...Those 55s are awesome...it is the lone coin I am missing for the series. Congrats.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks all. It was fun.....I love road trips. Like I mentioned previously.....the unknown....different scenery......

I took to the road because the boxes just haven't produced last week. I am really starting to wonder about the Jackson Metal rejects. More homework....phew!

coinmojo said:
It would seem to me the obvious question here should be..... Are any of those 55's sporting buck teeth??

Nice haul once again LJ

Mojo

Mojo - I looked at them with my magnifying glass when I got home from the trip. Nothing jumped out at me so I guess the answer is no....no such luck on the Bugs Bunny variety.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

LJ ,t hat is why I did some road trips this last week ...poor boxes and no handrolls ... so I started cold calling banks a little ways outta of town ... I was able to find quite a bunch of handrolls ...due to the long winter and the economy lots of folks had cashed them in... couldnt hit all that I due to that fact I was overweighted with clad to dump...

I am going to try to punch a bunch more this week ..

Anyways heres to much better boxes this coming week , S

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

Like LJ must have said when she got home from her road trip, " I can't drive 55 (Sammy Hagar), but I sure can find them" 8)

Nicely done, and a 70d as a bonus !

Keep paving the way............... (oh, you know how the rest of it goes 8) 8) )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread