Friend asked me for advice. I get my first Half Dime (pic)

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
A friend of mine was looking to unload an accumulation that a relative left behind (RIP)

He had a mixed bag of common silver ans some older trinkets.

His total silver holdings came in around $450 melt wich he is selling to a 3rd party based on my recommendation. And I gave him $30 for these trinkets. and about $10 face in wheaties. (not pictured). I offerd $50 for what you see pictured but he insisted that I give him $30 and gave me the wheaties for face as thanks for my appraisal of his collection.

He also had 1 Barber half a 1897O wich listed @ $150 in the Red book in G4 condition, wich is what his was. I told him to seperate it and sell it on eBay. This was not included in the $450 in junk silver he is selling.

The Half Dime is now the one and only I own. Tha Canadian Dollar is 1965

"Enjoy" The last photo is Mrs Mojo, She is showing how excited she is about my latest additions to my collection

Mojo

Attachments

• chachi.jpg
    chachi.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 1870halfdimeobv.jpg
    1870halfdimeobv.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 398
  • 1870halfdimerev.jpg
    1870halfdimerev.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 391
  • excited.jpg
    excited.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Way to go Mojo! You seem to be in the right place and this makes up for the missed silver at the coin counter!

Congrats on the good deal.

Cheers!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a deal par none! Time to buy Mrs. Mojo something nice! :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mojo, congrats on the great coin. I am not sure about the barber advice though. I think he may get shorted on ebay for the barber. Most barber half dollars less than VF condition usually sell for around 7 bucks or so. But who knows he may get the 150. Now the last picture...She looks absolutely thrilled. LOL. I would not want to piss her off on a good day. I can see why when you wanted to stop at banks during the family outing and she said no that you did not push the issue. Great Pics and good story.

Golden Silver

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red used to give me that look!!!! She bought me my first detector!!!! Now everytime I come home she is excited to see what i find. Especially the gold and silver trinkets!!! its even better if there is a little ice in the rings!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

I dont CRH but have been lucky a few times when buying quarters for Laundry!!!!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
Mojo, congrats on the great coin. I am not sure about the barber advice though. I think he may get shorted on ebay for the barber. Most barber half dollars less than VF condition usually sell for around 7 bucks or so. But who knows he may get the 150. Now the last picture...She looks absolutely thrilled. LOL. I would not want to piss her off on a good day. I can see why when you wanted to stop at banks during the family outing and she said no that you did not push the issue. Great Pics and good story.

Golden Silver
1897O half dollar. Only 632,000 minted. Not a common date. Have him send it off to be graded and will get a better price. Other than that, set a high reserve and he will be okay. Without grading people are wary to buy a coin that may have been cleaned. I know. No one would touch my 1916d Merc until it was professionally graded.
HH
Gilbert

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good story Mojo, nice coins, and that that pic of your wife reminds me of a pose that my wife strikes at times, but add a middle digit raised to the air, lol! ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread