Friend is asking me about "treasure coast" beaches

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look just above this thread there is a sticky thread with the wreck coordinates. Basically from about a mile south of Ft Pierce to just north of Sebastian Inlet.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You have to be South of Ft Pierce many miles. There is a wreck site in front of the power plant and one to the South of it too. I would say you might start around Nettles island and South. And North of of Sebastian inlet a ways. Not sure on that on how far North. The coordinates that theygive are the center of the wreck site but the whole area is off limits to diving or wading with a detector. Call the Mel Fisher museum of treasure in Sebastian and ask them to be safe.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be South of Ft Pierce many miles. There is a wreck site in front of the power plant and one to the South of it too. I would say you might start around Nettles island and South. And North of of Sebastian inlet a ways. Not sure on that on how far North. The coordinates that theygive are the center of the wreck site but the whole area is off limits to diving or wading with a detector. Call the Mel Fisher museum of treasure in Sebastian and ask them to be safe.
I went down there like 15 yrs ago - and I remember there was some little park I think south of Jupiter that they said you can hunt in water at and from there south small cobs would pop up now and then that got washed down from some of the northern wrecks or unknown wrecks - just wanted to give
him a starting point where he can do it safe and legal - I forgot the name of the park though

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went down there like 15 yrs ago - and I remember there was some little park I think south of Jupiter that they said you can hunt in water at and from there south small cobs would pop up now and then that got washed down from some of the northern wrecks or unknown wrecks - just wanted to give
him a starting point where he can do it safe and legal - I forgot the name of the park though

I go in the water in Jupiter north and south of the pier. I also I have gone in the water at Carlin Park in Jupiter. That is about 2 miles south of Jupiter inlet. No one has ever said anything to me. I know that you can't go at the inlet or north of the inlet because of the wreck in from of the inlet. I also go in the water at Jensen Beach.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that all of us modern day pirates need to band together and "take over" that Mel Fisher lease....
Come on guys! Let's raise the Jolly Rogers flag :skullflag: and declare that a "new" tenant is in town!!!
:tongue3:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that all of us modern day pirates need to band together and "take over" that Mel Fisher lease....
Come on guys! Let's raise the Jolly Rogers flag :skullflag: and declare that a "new" tenant is in town!!!
:tongue3:
Ive told friends that if I lived down there - I wouldn't mind taking a $1000 in gold rings and going in with someone and try a lease
I never thought about it - but what if we got like 20 guys to throw in $50 or 10 at $100 apiece a did a group hunt for like a week (lease is for a year -I know- but first attack would have to be by every one invested - after that to each his own)- (I pay $300 plus for 3 day relic hunts - I'd take a week off for $50 hunt)- I wonder how many can take out a lease ??? - like a friend of mine said - if you pick the right spot - we might not get wreck stuff but if you get the right spot
you can get rings from the last 100 yrs from some of the off limit spots near resorts where no has been able to hit

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive told friends that if I lived down there - I wouldn't mind taking a $1000 in gold rings and going in with someone and try a lease
I never thought about it - but what if we got like 20 guys to throw in $50 or 10 at $100 apiece a did a group hunt for like a week (lease is for a year -I know- but first attack would have to be by every one invested - after that to each his own)- (I pay $300 plus for 3 day relic hunts - I'd take a week off for $50 hunt)- I wonder how many can take out a lease ??? - like a friend of mine said - if you pick the right spot - we might not get wreck stuff but if you get the right spot
you can get rings from the last 100 yrs from some of the off limit spots near resorts where no has been able to hit

I'm in!!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm in. I'd pay more to learn a few tips from some of you deeper water pros.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread