Friends, old coins, glass, relics & an old ring.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends, old coins, glass, relics & an old ring.

This morning Silvergurl and I met up with Brett to hunt some woods for about 4 1/2 hours. Talk about hard diggin!!!! The ground was bone dry and the trash and false signals were out of control but I managed to find some goodies. I also found another Pepsi bottle, this one is just pained on from the 60's I think but I may be wrong. I snapped a pix of both sides of it as it has 2 different logos on it. Later I found my 3rd ring for the year, it was down like 5 inches and it has to be a child's ring. It is stamped with 830 on the inside 2 times and like 3 crowns (or 3 W's) and an "S" on the outside of the band. enjoy and happy hunting everyone!!!!

I looked 830 silver up and this is what I found:

"Swedish triple crown stamp, "S" (in hexagon indicating 830 silver or higher)"

"Most European countries up until 1920s used 830s. Scandinavian countries used 830s silver like Denmark moved to using 925 silver in 1927 however even though a higher grade of silver was used by most jewellers in Scandinavia, they stuck to stamping there jewellery 830s as they did not have to pay a tariff to the assaying office for the change over to 925. So most Jewellery made by fine houses in Scandinavia will in fact be marked 830s but will have a standard silver of 925"

Attachments

• 701.JPG
    701.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 702.JPG
    702.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 458
  • 703.JPG
    703.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 452
  • 704.JPG
    704.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 461
  • 705.JPG
    705.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 700.JPG
    700.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 457
  • 700a.JPG
    700a.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 456
  • 700b.JPG
    700b.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 463
  • 700c.JPG
    700c.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 469
  • 701.JPG
    701.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 453
  • 702.JPG
    702.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 454
  • 703.JPG
    703.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 704.JPG
    704.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 455
  • 705.JPG
    705.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 1

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Friends, old coins, glass, relics & an old ring.

Some great finds there, a bit of silver, Pepsi bottle, and looks to be a lead soldier. I also learned something about the Scandinavian markings. I never knew that an 830 would be as good, or better than 925. We learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds TF great video as always! I just happen to search Metal Detecting on youtube about 23 seconds after you had posted it lol so i was looking forward to this post. :thumbsup: keep it up! best of luck and HH

Silvergurl

Jul 10, 2009
The Shire (near O'hare)

Yikes, the cam does add 10, 20, 30 lbs. No, that's my excuse. Haha. Summer seemed to have taken a break towards the end of our hunt, nice cool down. Although I didn't find more than clad and iron plugs, it was a nice hunt, I'm ok with finding something, even if it is just clad. I think I need to get back to my normal hours of sleep, and not be such a vampire at night. Ha. Not to drone on, I totally dig getting out there and but I am wondering, does anyone really recommend getting in there under heavy forrest, in overgrown spots- I'm small I tend to- but I haven't really found much in those spots. More so in open areas in the woods. I think one of the most satisfying things would be is to find a long lost ring or badge or something of the like and actually track down or return it to someone. Is that weird? Maybe it's just my "romantic" thinkin' haha. And I'm not apathetic in the least, it would be great to find silver or come across a relic or other oddity. But I'd be delighted to find something with some "history".

And as usual, Sweet finds my sweets! I want to find one of those bottles! Kerm really does work hard on the vids and getting em' out there. No need to get discouraged easily, sometimes your up and sometimes you're down. This time you were obviously UP!

Brett, Great meeting you! Gotta find out if those were "lipstick" cases not so much the other thing you mentioned at the picnic table. ;D Maybe next time we should go by your neck of the woods.

Next time, I'll have to man the cam . . . anyone wanna see some bloopers!? :laughing7: Cheers all.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: wtg

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job........The whole gang! :icon_thumleft:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

Silvergurl said:
Yikes, the cam does add 10, 20, 30 lbs. No, that's my excuse. Haha. Summer seemed to have taken a break towards the end of our hunt, nice cool down. Although I didn't find more than clad and iron plugs, it was a nice hunt, I'm ok with finding something, even if it is just clad. I think I need to get back to my normal hours of sleep, and not be such a vampire at night. Ha. Not to drone on, I totally dig getting out there and but I am wondering, does anyone really recommend getting in there under heavy forrest, in overgrown spots- I'm small I tend to- but I haven't really found much in those spots. More so in open areas in the woods. I think one of the most satisfying things would be is to find a long lost ring or badge or something of the like and actually track down or return it to someone. Is that weird? Maybe it's just my "romantic" thinkin' haha. And I'm not apathetic in the least, it would be great to find silver or come across a relic or other oddity. But I'd be delighted to find something with some "history".

And as usual, Sweet finds my sweets! I want to find one of those bottles! Kerm really does work hard on the vids and getting em' out there. No need to get discouraged easily, sometimes your up and sometimes you're down. This time you were obviously UP!

Brett, Great meeting you! Gotta find out if those were "lipstick" cases not so much the other thing you mentioned at the picnic table. ;D Maybe next time we should go by your neck of the woods.

Next time, I'll have to man the cam . . . anyone wanna see some bloopers!? :laughing7: Cheers all.

Silvergurl,,,cool finds,, I love all the vids you guys put out,,,, there all cool as hell!!!! oh and by the way I dug one of those air cylinders the other day!!! thats the first one I ever dug ,,,man did it ever give a strange signal!!! great hunt and thanks for sharin,,,oh ya bring on the bloopers!!! :headbang:

arthur

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Very cool stuff you guys found! Sounds like a blast!! :hello2:

HH,
Moon

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

TreasureFiend said:
This morning Silvergurl and I met up with Brett to hunt some woods for about 4 1/2 hours. Talk about hard diggin!!!! The ground was bone dry and the trash and false signals were out of control but I managed to find some goodies. I also found another Pepsi bottle, this one is just pained on from the 60's I think but I may be wrong. I snapped a pix of both sides of it as it has 2 different logos on it. Later I found my 3rd ring for the year, it was down like 5 inches and it has to be a child's ring. It is stamped with 830 on the inside 2 times and like 3 crowns (or 3 W's) and an "S" on the outside of the band. enjoy and happy hunting everyone!!!!

I looked 830 silver up and this is what I found:

"Swedish triple crown stamp, "S" (in hexagon indicating 830 silver or higher)"

"Most European countries up until 1920s used 830s. Scandinavian countries used 830s silver like Denmark moved to using 925 silver in 1927 however even though a higher grade of silver was used by most jewellers in Scandinavia, they stuck to stamping there jewellery 830s as they did not have to pay a tariff to the assaying office for the change over to 925. So most Jewellery made by fine houses in Scandinavia will in fact be marked 830s but will have a standard silver of 925"

Great finds fiend!!! good reasearch on that ring,,, that was a small one!!! cool hunt and vid as always,,,

arthur

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great finds, thanks for sharing another great video!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread