waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had been talking to a friend about hunting his yard for several months. So today the Round TUIT finally got here so off I went.

The back yard gave up 1 memorial cent, a ball jar lid with a glass insert, a couple of screw caps and a couple of pop cans. So it's off to the side of the house where there was also an auxiliary drive way and a clothes line. Not much there either except for 3 house keys, but the closer I got to the street the more clad I started finding.

I had a little over a dollar in clad and was getting pretty discouraged and about to call it a day. But decided to search the two tracks of the drive that were covered in gravel. Wouldn't you know it but I get a great quarter signal about 4" down. So I'm thinking oh great - 4 inches of gravel for another clad quarter. But the signal was a bit better than the others that day and I just couldn't leave it alone. So working my way slowly though the gravel I finally got to some dirt at 3 inches and the pinpointer was just screaming by then so I'm beginning to think SILVER. Sure enough out pops a 1943 quarter.
:icon_sunny:
I was surprised that I didn't find a few wheats or a silver dime or two, but I'll take the quarter any day.

Attachments

• 1943 quarter.JPG
    1943 quarter.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also take the silver quarter over the silver dime. WTG......Matt

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Nice job. I got one of those today too. Gravel driveways are the best, I've found a lot of silver there. WA hunters are on a silver roll today.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
WTG on the silver quarter! I don't know why, but I have a heck of a time finding silver Washington quarters.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions