Friends

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That is a good point of view, but there is also a caution. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts! Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said shipmate. Saying that made me wonder, did you pull any sea duty. If I'm to believe one of my friends, the Marines call that "going on a float?"

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said shipmate. Saying that made me wonder, did you pull any sea duty. If I'm to believe one of my friends, the Marines call that "going on a float?"
No, I did not. There is an offical name for a Marine's 6 month sea tour. Can't think of it at the moment. Two tours in Vietnam and then Git'mo. Git'mo was cut short as I learned my rt eardrum was torn from a rocket attack on Phu Bai during the Tét Offensive of '68. Remember that? Fireworks, dancing in the streets, parties. Lots of fun (right). Didn't realize it was that bad til I went diving in the ocean and it STUNG like hell. They sent me back to the states and I got out early (less than my 4 year enlistment). Take care, squid. And thank you for your service and sacrifice to this greatest of countries! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread