Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a new Safari last week, and took it out for the first time on Superbowl Sunday. You would think that on the Day of the Superbowl in the middle of winter the beach would not be that crowed . Boy was I wrong!(the 80 degree weather had something to do with that)
There had to be at least 15 other detectorist there besides me. The complainant I heard most offend was "not a single target, not even a trash target".
I spent a total of 5-1/2 hours on two different beaches. Not much to show for my time, but a total of 9 coins, three lead sinkers and a zippo lighter (it worked).

As for the Safari I really like it, well balance, a dream on the wet, and dry sand. She handled the black iron sand with no back talk what so ever. She is a keeper.
The tones are are easy to listen to and understand after some practice using known targets. I also practiced pinpointing before going out.
Compared to many others who came back empty handed I felt I did very good after all.:occasion14:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also came from Whites to Minelab,and while Whites is a great company with some great machines,I feel the Minelabs have something going with the FBS. It's great to hear someone else who has done well where others haven't,and while that sometimes has more to do with chance than anything,15 other machines not finding much is no longer chance,but superior ability. Glad to know someone else likes them too!:icon_thumright:

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need any info on your Safari please let me know will be happy to help. To give a little insight it will take you several months to a year to really know your machine but once you do you will love it. I have had mine going on three years and have found what others have missed. Enjoy your Safari.......

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need any info on your Safari please let me know will be happy to help. To give a little insight it will take you several months to a year to really know your machine but once you do you will love it. I have had mine going on three years and have found what others have missed. Enjoy your Safari.......

Thanks for the offer. I went out yesterday, I now have 9 hours total on her. The beach has really gotten sanded in. Three weeks ago, 3 foot high cuts, now a smooth level beach. All the good stuff reburied. I was still able to pull out a handful of coins in the wet at low tide most were 6 to 8 inches down but I did pull out an older penny at 12 inches!
I have been looking for the book; Minelab quattro and safari handbook, by Andy Sabisch, but no luck so far.
Sent an email to the book company the beginning of February, but have heard nothing so far.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
contact Andy/Charlene at their store Treasure Hunter Outfitters. (not including link since I am unsure if it is ok to post here)

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
contact Andy/Charlene at their store Treasure Hunter Outfitters. (not including link since I am unsure if it is ok to post here)

I called them this afternoon, the book should be out in the next couple of months, although the eBook version may not happen.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had much success at the beach here in Sheboygan, Wi but that's not the fault of the Safari I have also taken my Fisher F5 out and had the same success. Not saying I've not found my share of clad but nothing really good. Right now the only advice I would give you is to go slow with your sweep speed, makes all the difference in the world. Your there to find things not cover as much ground as you can. That way you give the Safari time to tell you what's under the coil, because the Safari is a little slow in reacting but will reward you for slowing down.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread