"Frogfoot" Seminar

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
"Frogfoot" Seminar

One of my great friends Bob Weller will again be giving seminars this year. He wasn't sure if he would due to his health but again he has amazed me and others time and time again.

I have attended several of his classes in the past and each time I come away with a greater knowledge and understanding of the 1715 and 1733 fleets.

He will only be giving 3 classes this year with a total of 10 per class including guest speakers such as Dr. Eugene Lyon, Tracy Bowden, Bill Mathers, John Brandon, Ernie Richards and Carl Ward.

These are 4 day classes that include two days of lectures, a day by auto visiting each of the 1715 sites and the finale day diving the 1733 Spanish galleons "El Infante" and "San Pedro" in the Florida keys.

These classes will fill up real quick, if anyone is interested email me and I will send you the flier or you can check Ernie's site. For me this is money well spent. You will be learning from some of the best including "The Grandfather of Treasure Divers"

If you have never met Bob or Margaret then you are in for a real treat!

Thanks for your time!

Jimi D Pirate

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Re: "Frogfoot" Seminar

Hey Jimi, Me and a friend are thinking about going down to the first seminar in June .We are from Delaware . I think it will be well worth the trip .. Fill me in is it a good time? Thanks for your time :) T Hunter .I hear they are great people..

OP
OP
Jimi D Pirate

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used

Some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Bob has so much information that it is hard to absorb it all. He loves to show and tell and I find it very remarkable when he picks up a piece and tells you when, where, sea conditions, time of day, how it was found etc. etc. His knowledge on the 1715 and 1733 is unbelievable. Bob is getting older but he retains!
His guest speakers are always top notch. Most day classes will linger on into the evening. Be sure to pick up some of his books, sometimes he will give one for those that attend and he will gladly sign them for you.
Enjoy their company and hospitality, they are very special people
Take alot of notes

Jimi D Pirate

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur

Thanks Jimi D . I am looking forward to the adventures and stories from these guys like you said they are the Grandfathers of treasure hunting . Ive been t hunting here in De for 20 years and do dive we have found some nice things but nothing like these guys . It will be exciting just to be in the same room with all the knowledge and experience they have .. I hope to just sit back and take it all in .. This is a once in a lifetime for me and i I'm fired up to get there and then maybe even get to dive on a Florida wreck thats awesome . Thanks again for the info. See Ya and good hunting .T Hunter :)

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Jimi D
Sounds like a great education in a field that can't be learned in a school. When and where is the next one?
Seahunter

BobE

Greenie
May 15, 2007

The dates of the 2007 seminars are as follows: June 11-14; June 25-28, and July 10-13 (reserved for “alumni”). Scheduled Programs are arranged for each week as outlined below:

MONDAYS—
8:00—10:00 a.m. Bob “Frogfoot” Weller. “Introduction of Enrollees. Overview of the 1715 Fleet.”
10:00—12:00. Burt Webber. “The ‘Concepción’ Recovery on the Silver Banks.”
12:00—1:00. Lunch.
1:00—3:00 p.m. Dr. Eugene Lyon. “The Location and Recovery of the ‘Atocha’.”
3:00—5:00. John Brandon. “The Salvage of the 1715 Plate Fleet.”

TUESDAYS—
8:00—10:00 a.m. Carl Ward. “The Location and Recovery of the 1733 ‘Populo’.”
10:00—12:00. Ernie Richards. “The Development of Spanish Colonial Coins.”
12:00—1:00. Lunch.
1:00—3:00 p.m. Tracy Bowden. Location and Recovery of the “Quicksilver Galleons.”
3:00—5:00. Bill Mathers and Dr. Henry Parker. “Location and Recovery of the Saipan ‘Concepción’.”

WEDNESDAYS—
Tour of the 1715 Fleet sites by auto.

THURSDAYS—
Travel to Florida Keys, dive the “El Infante” and “San Pedro” sites of the 1733 galleons. Conch Republic Divers charter from Tavernier.

fill up quickly! Call “Frogfoot” at
561-588-2903, or e-mail him: [email protected].

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Hey JimmyD,
do you think Bob Weller would be interested in giving a guest speach at the Treasure Expo?

OP
OP
Jimi D Pirate

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used

Salvor 6, I'll give him a call and ask if he is up to ... I think he would but things could change. His health hasn't been very good in most recent years. I'll give him a call today and see!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had the pleasue of attending this seminar back in 2003, and I would highly recommend this seminar to anyone interested in shipwreck hunting. Bob and Margret are two wonderful people, and they both have a wealth of information to share from many years of shipwreck hunting. You will not be disappointed.

Tom

J

jeffthecyclist

Regardless of what or where you hunt, this is a great experience. I attended two years ago. Bob has authored many great books but his stories just come alive when you hear them in person. The seminars are held at his home at Weller Cove which I think is in Lake Worth (WPB area). As if the lectures and everything isn't enough, the lovely Mrs. Weller is an exceptional cook with a few stories of her own. Very few people are willing to share this kind of knowledge. By all means, do this if you have even the slightest interest. Learn from one of the best. You won't regret it.

Attachments

• frog_ernie.jpg
    frog_ernie.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 254

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

Great photo and I love the Hatch Cover coffee table.
Peg leg

Diver Down

Feb 26, 2007
Florida

The seminars and speakers sound great but what kind of work can you really do on the El Infante and San Pedro? Both are located within the Florida Keys National MArine Sanctuary and the San Pedro has been established as an Underwater Archaeological Preserve.
Bill

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Diver Down,

I dont think the dive trips are to work the sites, but to provide you with a understanding of what a period shipwreck might look like. Some people have never seen a wreck that old or have never dove on a ballast pile.

Its more informational than for recovery of objects!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread