From 100 to 0 in 1 week

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Things went from good to bad for me recently. If any of you guys read my posts I was finding alot of 90 and 40% silvers. The last 10,000 or so has been anything but spectacular. $2000 at a bank I normaly do great at was ok. I got 1 walker and 5 40%. The walker was on the end of the roll. And belive me.... im not complaining about that. I'm no Legeune :D But the next 2000 was a skunk.... 3rd 2000 had 1 40% one 40%!!!!! thats it! .... Well still better then last week. $4000 was a total skunk. Think I am going to have to do a little searching around.

Anyone got some words of encouragement?

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I guess all I can say is hit some out of the way banks.
I've been getting a lot of searched rolls lately and ran into 2 guys ahead of me on 2 separate occasions asking for halves.
My best luck is in the tellers trays - $5 here and $10 there - seems there are more keepers at the window.
Keep plugging. Maybe the competition will get tired!

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
Head over to Beaver Dam, I got lucky in Beaver Dam once!! Oh wait, That was at the drive in. Keep pluggin' try some smaller coin for a change of pace. Bongo

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Yeah I like doing nickles dimes and pennies. If I am in a slump I can always count on finding some good nickles and pennies so I like doing them. Dimes are nice cause they are easy.... I have only had 1 box so far with nothing in it. Most have 3 or 4. But I dont go through near as many dimes as I do halfs.

I got another 1000 today. SKUNK!...... I keep hoping one will get better. The way things have been going I might have passed but I didnt...... Its all because of one time that I got 4 boxes. One was totally marked and nothing in it. Next 2 were skunks. 4th box hit the jackpot. 10 franklins 4 90% and loads of 40%ers.

I think I may have this area cleared out..... need to go elsewere for a while. Im starting to get a few of my own marked coins back. I know thats bad because I dont mark many.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigtime.....just keep plugging.....don't stop!!!

mountainman 2 said:
bongo1962 said:
Keep pluggin' try some smaller coin for a change of pace. Bongo
Try dimes for a change. I just started searching them this month and already found a dozen silver.You are going to hit slumps, everyone does.Except maybe Lejeuene.

My slump time is coming......not looking forward to it, but it will come. All good things have to come to an end sooner or later.....I just hope it's later.

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
lejeuene said:
My slump time is coming......not looking forward to it, but it will come. All good things have to come to an end sooner or later.....I just hope it's later.

It sure did for me!! I must have cleared this area out! The worse of it is I know where there is some but they won't let me have them!! >:(

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtime400 said:
lejeuene said:

It sure did for me!! I must have cleared this area out! The worse of it is I know where there is some but they won't let me have them!! >:(

I know of a bank too that I know is sitting on a bundle, but they won't let me buy anymore rolls either. Don't you just hate that? I am still scheming though...lol. Maybe if I open an account.....then make a withdrawal and tell the manager I want my withdrawal money in halves only?????

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Lejeuene, send in your husband or other relatives. Thats what I did. It sucks cause it seems no matter what you do they will find some reason not to give them to you. Wether you brought some back there or they feel you have had your limit. It doesn't matter.... They want to be pains in the neck they will. I am convinced they didn't give my uncle any crap cause he is older. He knew which guy I was talking about...... and when he asked for $100 in halfs he said that guy turned around quick and gave him a funny look.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtime400 said:
Lejeuene, send in your husband or other relatives. Thats what I did. It sucks cause it seems no matter what you do they will find some reason not to give them to you. Wether you brought some back there or they feel you have had your limit. It doesn't matter.... They want to be pains in the neck they will. I am convinced they didn't give my uncle any crap cause he is older. He knew which guy I was talking about...... and when he asked for $100 in halfs he said that guy turned around quick and gave him a funny look.

That is a good idea. I think I will try that....sure can't hurt right?? All they can say is no.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
bigtime400 said:
Things went from good to bad for me recently.

Anyone got some words of encouragement?

Behind every dark cloud, is a silver lining.

Hang in there, I know the feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions