Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So now that my Kruzer has gone back to Georgia for repair I have once again picked up my Racer 2, and I'm finding that it's really a way better sounding machine. It also seems deeper and less chatty in 2 tone mode as opposed to 4 tone mode on the Kruzer. Also the buttons are better and the pinpoint and ground balance trigger is just a joy to use. On Saturday I found my first IH cent since well before I got my Kruzer. I think i got lucky on that though because I found it after I kicked over a rotten stump. So I guess the question i'm asking now is has anyone with both machines tried going back to the Racer 2, and if so did you stick with it? I may have to stick with the Racer 2 for all but water hunting. It just sounds and acts way more stable to me. The one area where I think the Kruzer really shines better than the Racer 2 is with 3 tone 89 gain, on 19 khz in the trashy sites, it's just a beast for separation and recovery speed.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now that my Kruzer has gone back to Georgia for repair I have once again picked up my Racer 2, and I'm finding that it's really a way better sounding machine. It also seems deeper and less chatty in 2 tone mode as opposed to 4 tone mode on the Kruzer. Also the buttons are better and the pinpoint and ground balance trigger is just a joy to use. On Saturday I found my first IH cent since well before I got my Kruzer. I think i got lucky on that though because I found it after I kicked over a rotten stump. So I guess the question i'm asking now is has anyone with both machines tried going back to the Racer 2, and if so did you stick with it? I may have to stick with the Racer 2 for all but water hunting. It just sounds and acts way more stable to me. The one area where I think the Kruzer really shines better than the Racer 2 is with 3 tone 89 gain, on 19 khz in the trashy sites, it's just a beast for separation and recovery speed.

A lot of people say that a sparkier, high gain machine will actually give you more depth and sensitivity. This may in fact be true(or not) but here's my take on the situation. Most of the time you're hunting your brain wanders. You're concentrating, but with lapses as you think about chores, the layout of the site, whether it's going to rain or whatever. A noisy machine may in fact fool your brain into thinking those small deep quiet hits are white noise from time to time. When a machine is totally quiet all the time.......anything you hit jumps out and grabs your attention. So I think there are advantages to both machines. I know my Kruzer is picking up more good targets than my super stable AT pro because I did some line tests at new locations where I would run a tight line with good swing discipline starting with one machine, then repeat the line with the other machine. On the next line I'd start with the opposite machine I started with on the last line. Clearly one machine(my Kruzer) was picking up items my PRO wasn't BUT..........I was also paying very close attention. If I had been in a huge field walking for hours, would the results be the same? Who can say.

Since I do as much water hunting as land hunting I'll stick with my Kruzer but it would be interesting if you did a little experiment. For your own piece of mind, if not ours as well. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions