From Liability to Asset

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this broken "Christmas" hobbleskirt Coke a couple of years ago as I was out bottle hunting. I hated to throw it away and thought that maybe someday I could make use of it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452885804.784085.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452885815.956858.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452885827.860942.jpg

A couple of years ago, my wife and I decided to pull the carpet out of our den and replace it with hardwood or tile flooring. We opted for the tile because we were scared the dogs would scratch the hardwood. I had never layed tile flooring but it looked simple enough so I saved a lot of money by doing it myself. Since I didn't know how long it would take I decided to buy a tile saw verses renting one. The other day I was rummaging though my closet and re-discovered the broken bottle. 15 minutes later I now have a cool Coca Cola drinking glass. I still need to sand the edges and scrub it out but I think I'll be able to use it in a day or 2.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452886189.042966.jpg

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool idea!
That will make one unique glass.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the coolest coke glass I've ever seen. I want to get a bottle cutter so I can turn all my broken local blob tops into drinking glasses.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, it would be cool to have your old local bottles turned into drinking glasses.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard you can sand the edges down with emery cloth. I'll let you know how it turns out

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass , we did this many years ago , we collected all the broken Cripple Creek bottles we found ,cut them , then got some 1xs and made six pack holders, sold the heck out of them in six packs and singles,, they also make great pencil holders !

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
all my drinking glasses at home are old product jars. i got tired of my tumbles breaking all the dam time so i figured, "what the heck, product jars are designed NOT to break." and besides...what are we supposed to do with all the jars we find?

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point unclemac. Say, have you been down to the beach lately? Sure would like to see some glass lying in that muddy sand. Is good luck dog still around?

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass , we did this many years ago , we collected all the broken Cripple Creek bottles we found ,cut them , then got some 1xs and made six pack holders, sold the heck out of them in six packs and singles,, they also make great pencil holders !

I bet those cripple creeks make some nice looking glasses

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one I dug in Savannah Georgia a few years ago. Of course the top was gone which was my luck that whole afternoon. I cut it down, added a tea candle, and it displays nicely on my fireplace mantle. Sure wish that one was found whole!

Attachments

• John Ryan 1866.jpg
    John Ryan 1866.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice glass Rebel. I hate to see those old bottles go to waste

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plan to do that with my hutches that have the tops broken off.
Which, sadly, are most of my recent finds.
Kudos!
Carl

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good point unclemac. Say, have you been down to the beach lately? Sure would like to see some glass lying in that muddy sand. Is good luck dog still around?

yes i have in fact...just got back, will post tomorrow...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions