From Nazi gold to the Holy Grail: the world’s most hunted treasures

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not one map, not one survey report, not one historical reference to this area being called Charing Cross. Ever. THAT is the truth.

like I said, you evidently know very little about History! In all of the books I have written on a subject pertaining to settlements many get later names that replace earlier names, For some weird reason you cannot accept a history written by a lifelong inhabitant of Charing Cross, who wrote of the history of the place at the request of a historical committee. The book is out there and you do have the ability to buy it. And you know what, that is a historical reference.

But you know what else, I think you already have read it. I believe I know your agenda, So have fun with it, but as long as you continue to write posts against it I will argue the point!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like I said, you evidently know very little about History! In all of the books I have written on a subject pertaining to settlements many get later names that replace earlier names,

Yes, on occasion place names do change over time. Ottawa was Bytown, Toronto was York, etc ... We know this because we have records of these place names before and after the change. We have records of Sherbrook, and we have records of New Ross, but we do not have records of Charing Cross. No maps, no survey reports, no historical reference to this area ever being called Charing Cross. Nothing. Only the statement of a local historian who also had nothing to support her claim.

You insisting on clinging to this obvious fiction smacks of desperation.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, on occasion place names do change over time. Ottawa was Bytown, Toronto was York, etc ... We know this because we have records of these place names before and after the change. We have records of Sherbrook, and we have records of New Ross, but we do not have records of Charing Cross. No maps, no survey reports, no historical reference to this area ever being called Charing Cross. Nothing. Only the statement of a local historian who also had nothing to support her claim.

A local historian who was well respected and was asked to do the report. And how about the "Charing Cross" gun emplacement and plaque that tell us where they are? Methinks thou dost protest too much!
What is your agenda, do you wish to tell us?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are FUNNY !!! I am enjoying reading it all it makes my day. Thank you ! But to stay on topic i will interject my little tidbit. There was and is a Charing Cross in england in the 1200's and still today has a postal address to it. There is also one in Ontario canada... Truth be told there could be 20 of them if you look hard enough. But i have yet to see one shred of evidence for one in Nova Scotia. All i have seen are printed words and words out of a mouth , but not one shred of evidence. And before you start with my " agenda " , i don't have one. I just wanted to tell you guys that i enjoyed reading your thread and had to put in a thought on the topic so i can't get accused of going off topic.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
The Ark of the Covenant many take it on FAITH, belief in their God and the bible. So if its ever found to be really the Ark as stated then the world of Science will believe and have faith. Until then many take it on faith of their God and the bible. As for me I need to see the Ark to have the faith. No I am not an atheist- I was raised Baptist and have read about many religions and their beliefs.

That was a great special on the Ark of the Covenant with the Professor for sure ...interesting

Last edited:

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i won't get into religion but was recently having a discussion about believing in God. He claimed that he doesn't believe in anything he can't see. So i asked him : Do you believe in oxygen ? have you seen it ? So now i am an ass. So i guess believing in the Ark is just an unreasonable thing for some people. That's why we are all different. I grew up Baptist too !

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... and provided nothing to substantiate her claim.

Named for Charing Cross in England, maybe? Or seeing that it is a WWI gun, maybe it had some connection with the WWI Charing Cross bunker in Belgium? There is as much evidence for these options as for yours.

Also in her own book, Joan Hope reports seeing leprechauns and ghosts.

My Brother Templars and I are concerned that you are getting too close to our Grand Treasure, and I have been assigned to derail your progress by pointing out your shoddy research on an online treasure hunting forum. Obviously.

I challenge you for what's probably the third time... find me one period map that has the New Ross area marked as Charing cross.

Hay TIM, I like the quote you just made so I had to save it. My brother Templars have assigned you to derail us[/B][/B]. Now we will see who does what. :laughing7: Now its my turn, get ready I have a big law firm in Halifax that works with us.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay TIM, I like the quote you just made so I had to save it. My brother Templars have assigned you to derail us[/B][/B]. Now we will see who does what. :laughing7: Now its my turn, get ready I have a big law firm in Halifax that works with us.

Hilarious. I eagerly await your lawsuit.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was and is a Charing Cross in england in the 1200's and still today has a postal address to it. There is also one in Ontario canada... Truth be told there could be 20 of them if you look hard enough. But i have yet to see one shred of evidence for one in Nova Scotia. All i have seen are printed words

"LOL"

Cheers, Loki

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

source.gif

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i won't get into religion but was recently having a discussion about believing in God. He claimed that he doesn't believe in anything he can't see. So i asked him : Do you believe in oxygen ? have you seen it ? So now i am an ass. So i guess believing in the Ark is just an unreasonable thing for some people. That's why we are all different. I grew up Baptist too !

It doesn't take a belief in any religion to accept that the Ark of the Covenant was built and exist. It was built by a religious people is all. Stonehenge was built by a religious people and it exists.
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the Arc there are five possible outcomes: It was never a physical object, it was but was just a box but is gone, it was just a box and exists somewhere, it was a box with magical properties but is gone, it was a magic box and still exists somewhere.

Perhaps it was built. But there is no hard physical evidence it still does or did once exist. There is just a legend.

Stonehenge is solid (I've touched it myself) and is not in question. Pretty solid evidence it did and does exist.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the Arc there are five possible outcomes: It was never a physical object, it was but was just a box but is gone, it was just a box and exists somewhere, it was a box with magical properties but is gone, it was a magic box and still exists somewhere.

Perhaps it was built. But there is no hard physical evidence it still does or did once exist. There is just a legend.

Stonehenge is solid (I've touched it myself) and is not in question. Pretty solid evidence it did and does exist.

I somewhat agree Charlie, but my point was, a person doesn't have to believe in a religion to accept that it was built. Now IMHO, it is mentioned so many times in the Old Testament that I do believe it existed, but not with any special powers of course. When Nebuchadnezzar invaded Israel he is said to have removed all valuable objects to Babylon, which is why I always say the Ark is in Nebuchadnezzar's attic.

Cheers, Loki

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explorer Vendyl Jones, among others, believes that an artifact found among the Dead Sea Scrolls, the enigmatic “Copper Scroll” of Qumran Cave 3, is actually a treasure map of sorts detailing the location of a number of precious treasures taken from the temple before the Babylonians arrived, among them the lost Ark of the Covenant. Whether or not this is true remains to be seen, as no one has yet been able to locate all of the necessary geographical landmarks listed on the scroll. Interestingly, some scholars speculate that the Copper Scroll may actually be the record referred to in 2 Maccabees 2:1 and 4, which describes Jeremiah hiding the ark. While this is an interesting speculation, it remains unsubstantiated.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Google "Templars Acadia book". I bet you'll find him there.

Do you think Loki is William Mann? Mann thinks that the Templars had a colony in Green Oaks not New Ross.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions