cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I got a chance to go and hunt up in Maryland with my 2 buddies Civilman1 and RTDE3 for the weekend, The 1st day I got to hunt the infamous TOP SECRET Shark Pit :laughing9: :laughing9: :hello2: My finger was busted up from an accident at work and I was limited to how long I could stay in the water, but I did end up with a nice brass slug and a brass ring which I thought was gold at first, it had Rob going :sign10: The water was a little choppy and it made it a little hard but it was well worth it.

the 2nd day me and Rob went down to some private property close to the battle of south mountain and I got an old pair of scissors,and an old buckle that I need some help ID'ing Year maybe, I think that it is a 1700's ladies Sash buckle but not so sure with the way that the back is. Yet another great day and again I scored two finds. And as an added bonus I got to see some great country side and spend time with friends.

The last and 3rd day me and Rob got up with Civilman and rode out to some property close to Antietam and even met Ty that day, the 1st few hours went by really fast and wasnt finding anything but I knew that there was some stuff there, Joe had already found a percussion cap, so I kept on looking then BAM a beautiful Confederate Enfield :headbang: I was content with that, not even 10 min after pulling the enfield I got a Square nut and an old leather buckle.

It was a great weekend to hang out with friends and even meet some new ones, I got to get away on a vacation and do some hunting while I was at it, I appreciate it again Joe and Rob.

Thanks For looking!

Attachments

• antietam 001.JPG
    antietam 001.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 434
  • antietam 005.JPG
    antietam 005.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 425
  • antietam 006.JPG
    antietam 006.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG it looks like you had a great weekend and great finds too :icon_thumleft: I don't think you can find better guys to spend a weekend with.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you came up Matt.....The "Secret Pit" is a blast.As soon as the field's up here start to empty out you'll have to come on back up.See you in N.C. in a few week's to claim my CS Buckle :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread