From or to a resting place?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Would this symbol be telling you to go a short distance to a resting place or to go a short distance from the resting place you are already at along the trail? Any ideas on that?
Thanks Baker

7.JPG

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Would this symbol be telling you to go a short distance to a resting place or to go a short distance from the resting place you are already at along the trail? Any ideas on that?
Thanks Baker

View attachment 701853
LC

Merely guessing, you might be at the "solid 7". The "dotted 7" is made up of 7 dots. The 8th dot is missing in order to make both of your 7s the same shape. I would try going 5 measures (try 66 feet or multiples of) to the NW, then two measures to the SW, then one measure to the SE. (location of the missing dot....you now would have a total of 8 dots represented, which might be the site you seek....or just a "new beginning.) If this is your lay-out, you shoold be able to find the compass degrees along the way. Some may be buried shallow. Good Luck

Oddrock

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the input. That's what it takes to solve the puzzle.....educated guesses.....lots and lots of them. It is nice to have fresh knowledge and a fresh thought that is uninfected by too much misinformation.
Thanks Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The dotted seven shape is more of an upside down check mark shape on the original piece. I did not intentionally do that to be misleading. I have been thinking it was a combine symbol for "A Short distance from here" based on Indian combine symbols that i have been looking at in books. Did the K.G.C. use Indian symbols?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
section of map drawing of lead piece.jpg

This is a picture of a section of the K.G.C. Map we are working on. Any ideas of how to read it for what it is?
Thanks for your input, L.C. Baker

ps. the black area is not covering anything up it is the edge of the medallion.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The dotted seven shape is more of an upside down check mark shape on the original piece. I did not intentionally do that to be misleading. I have been thinking it was a combine symbol for "A Short distance from here" based on Indian combine symbols that i have been looking at in books. Did the K.G.C. use Indian symbols?

YEP!

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time I have run into the number 7 in a kgc layout....it led to gold. 7 is the jesuit number for gold. Near the final destination was a turtle with one of its legs shaped in the number 7...Steve

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The only time I have run into the number 7 in a kgc layout....it led to gold. 7 is the jesuit number for gold. Near the final destination was a turtle with one of its legs shaped in the number 7...Steve

YOU found it, then...?

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not worry about death, I just do not want to be there when it happen.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
What we have found out is that the number 7 will not be written as such to represent the gold. When it used to represent gold it will be formed out of something like your turtle's foot or made up of dots, or of two lesser numbers.

43= 4+3= 7 Thanks for the input L.C. BAKER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread