From The Past- Superman Belt Buckle

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
When I got my first detector a Relco Frontiersman, from the Relco factory which was a half of a block from my house in Houston at the time, I wanted to find lots of buried treasure.

This was in either 1969 or 1970 and I had been collecting coins since before I was 12 years old. I got the detector to try and find some old coins that were lost and had seen the ads in Popular Science, Popular Mechanics and I wanted to get some of the buried treasure for myself.
I had found a couple of wheat pennies, a Mercury dime and some nails. I thought what a great ??start....where is the good treasure???

As I was searching along the edge of the sidewalk in front of the house I got a real load long buzz. ( If anyone has searched with a BFO detector they know what I am talking about).
Digging down what seemed to be a foot, but was probably 4 inches, I get this item.
A Superman Belt Buckle from a Superman costume. This was from the old 1950's TV show and probably was in the ground about 10 years...maybe longer, at the time I dug it up.
A few years later the neighbors next door had some kind of party and had a photo albumn out with pictures of the kids. One picture had one of the kids dressed up for Holloween, in....you guessed it.... a Superman costume. Of course I didn't say anything....... :P :P

This is one of my most prized possesions from detecting. No, it's not worth alot but was my first "relic" find and a good find to me.

How about it guys and gals..........what is your "From The Past" story from many, or a few years ago???

I am sure there are some pretty interesting items or coins you have found. Come on .....let's see some of those old stories.

Attachments

• Sbuckle.jpg
    Sbuckle.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coolio...I just started hunting last year so I don't really have any old stories to share...I will in a few years since finding an 8 reale and a 1 real in my first year of this great obsession!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great find Dimeman. I remember seeing those before, but don't quite remember when they came out. LoL don't know if 36 years old is very old, but when you start seeing finds from your past and they are now considered older relics really makes you wonder how it will be like when you do make it to your 70's or so.

Rev

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread