Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From West of the Rocky's & home.

I spent a couple days out in Utah and boy was it hot and hitting around a 100 degrees. On the way home I headed over the Rocky's east of the divide over Cottonwood pass for the first time this year. It was very refreshing to get up in the alpine and away from the desert lands west of the Rocky's. When I got to the front range, above the metro region a awesome storm blew in over the Denver metro area and I stopped to watch all the lighting it was producing from the foot hills and the beautiful sunset it left behind to the west.

Attachments

• cottonwood 060916 1.jpg
    cottonwood 060916 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • cottonwood 060916 2.jpg
    cottonwood 060916 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
  • cottonwood 060916 3.jpg
    cottonwood 060916 3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
  • cottonwood 060916 4.jpg
    cottonwood 060916 4.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 61
  • cottonwood 060916 5.jpg
    cottonwood 060916 5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We never really got cooled off til we got to Leadville. It was nice to come home to Frisco and 65 degrees at 4 in the afternoon. Growin up, I worked all day long outside in temps in the 90's and 100's with no problem. Apparently I can't take it anymore, but just to see I went for a 4 mile hike at Hovenweep when it was 98 with no ill effects.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm guessing you had business in Utah? Otherwise, why would you leave paradise there. Unless to come to Texas that is. Yeah, right...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing you had business in Utah? Otherwise, why would you leave paradise there. Unless to come to Texas that is. Yeah, right...
Not much of a paradise where I went in UT. I remember some pretty places in Texas, like Dumas where I stayed overnight a few times. Maid must have left the door open when she cleaned the room that morning and as I was watching TV that night, there on top of the TV a big furry tarantula come crawling out from behind. He was to big to get into one of those little motel cups, but I did have a MacDonald's bag on the floor of my truck to scoop him up inside and take him out to were he belonged.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
We never really got cooled off til we got to Leadville. It was nice to come home to Frisco and 65 degrees at 4 in the afternoon. Growin up, I worked all day long outside in temps in the 90's and 100's with no problem. Apparently I can't take it anymore, but just to see I went for a 4 mile hike at Hovenweep when it was 98 with no ill effects.
I was just thinking the same thing. I used to haul hay in OK. With the humidity it felt like I was working in a pressure cooker. worked long hours, and never had any real problems with it. Now, If I work any length of time in the sun I get sick...Maybe it's just age related.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread