EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with my young partner and the MXT today. We spent about an hour metal detecting around a friends house.

We started in the front yard where we made our first find, almost against the entrance sidewalk. About 4 inches deep, a fine wheaty. About 3 ft. from that, at about 5 inches, another wheaty. It's a small front yard, so, it didn't take us long to cover one side of it. The part on the other side of the sidewalk had grass that was too high to even try to detect, so we moved on around to the back yard, (not very large either.)

At the base of a old, old mulburry tree, I got a strong hit at about 6". My partner dug it up and it was another wheaty. Then another and another. Then, a pocket spill?? No, I don't think so.

This find was unique. We put the shovel about 6" deep into the ground and piled the soil beside the hole. I passed the coil back over the hole and Oops, no signal. I checked the pile of soil and about blew my eardrums out. After a little gentle brushing the dirt away, there was a STACK of wheaties, (and one East Bay Transit token.) Evidently, kids had dug a hole, stacked the wheaties and token up neatly, then filled the hole back in and forgot about them.

Total for the hunt, 1 1917, 1 1940s, 3 1941s, 2 1944s, 1 1945d, (hmmm, how did that get in there?) 4 1946s. 1 East Bay Transit token,
good for 1 fare.

Strange, no nickles, dimes or quarters. But, best of all, very little trash.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for you but I can't figure out how to get any clear close ups. I've tried a magnifying glass to no avail. This really sucks because I do silver work and need close ups for some of the stones I cut and polish. But, not to worry, I'm persistant and I'll figure it out.

Thanks for looking!! HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread