Froze my, well you get the picture!!

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Went out today and it was a balmy 53 degrees outside. By 12:00 the temp was down to about 30 degrees but I did get this beauty out of the deal... A 1953 D Franklin Half and some sort of religious medal.. So I guess freezing my a@@ off was worth it....

Attachments

• jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 396
  • jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 401
  • jb3.jpg
    jb3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Krimic!

;)

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Nice Franklin Half buddy! I don't think I've even seen one of those before. Now come walk the creeks with me and then you'll be cold. LOL!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
A Franklin half is a great surprise any time of year, but even more so in the winter. Congrats. Where were you digging, park, old lot?

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Great find. Looks like Ben got in a knife fight but still a nice rare find.

Youe weather is headed my way this weekend. I'm going to the beach anyway.

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Great Winnnterrr, Finds, berrrmr, Happy winnnterrrrr,,,, Welcome winter........
As for me I am just beginning, to get about, from summer hibernation, ?snakes, and snakes and snakes, have began hibernating, and biting and sucking, mosquitos have given up sucking soo much blooood, ?as well as those blood sucking Ticcccks and I mean ticcks and ticcks and ticcks and ticcks, and forever ticks,,,,,,,,,
Welcome winter and winter and winter, no matter if the ground stays frozen forever,
Paradise, no Ticks, or Snakes, Or mosquitos to suck sooo much blood .........Heavenly Blisss
Paradise.............. WWWWINTER......................
HH IF YOU CAN FIND UNFROZEN GROUND............Or Not...... at least the blood suckers are in hibernation IF THAT AIN'T HEAVEN I DON'T WANT TO FIND IT.....................
HH
SS...

OP
OP
krimic

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Pennyworth said:
A Franklin half is a great surprise any time of year, but even more so in the winter.? Congrats.? Where were you digging, park, old lot?
I found this at an old catholic school out on the soccer field...

OP
OP
krimic

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
skane said:
Tell us you didn't put those scratches on it.... :-\
No i didn't put the scratches on it.. I think that maybe some kind of lawnmower hit it at one time... When I found the half it was only 2" deep at most...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread