1/2 c. beef stock
1/2 c. white wine
2/3 c. pitted prunes
2 tbsp. brandy, if desired
3 to 4 tbsp. whipping cream, if desired

TO GARNISH:

Fresh mint or parsley sprigs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Split pork tenderloins halfway through lengthwise with a sharp knife; flatten slightly. Season tenderloins with salt and pepper.

3. To make stuffing, combine prunes, bread crumbs, onion and thyme. Season mixture with salt and pepper; stir in egg yolk. Spread stuffing over 1 tenderloin; cover with second tenderloin. Tie into a roast with string.

4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; saute roast until browned. Transfer to a shallow baking pan.

5. Add onion to fat remaining in skillet; saute until lightly browned. Add stock, wine and prunes to skillet. Season with salt and pepper; bring mixture to a boil.

6. If desired, in a small saucepan, warm brandy. Pour warmed brandy over browned roast; ignite brandy carefully. When flames die, pour sauce over and around roast; cover pan with foil or lid.

7. Roast in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes or until roast reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees.

8. Remove string from roast; cut into slices. Place slices in a serving dish. Stir cream into cooking sauce, if desired. To serve, spoon prunes and cooking sauce over pork slices. Garnish with mint or parsley. Makes 4 servings.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Actually ...no
I have done this with beef and also venison....it really puts a great flavor through the meat

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
OK Gypsy Valentine, if you say so then I'm printing this out and will give it a try this weekend.

BTW...if I find myself in rapid download mode, I'll line up Bo and we'll pay a visit to your place where Bo can leave you a few "mountains" of fertilizer! :o

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Gypsy Cupid,

I tried this today. It was really tasty. The only problem I had was that the tenderloin kept falling apart. Other than that, it was great.

Here's my effort:

Fruited Pork Tenderloin.JPG

Does it even resemble yours?

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
WELLL...IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE MINE,BUT AS LONG AS IT WAS TENDER AND TASTED GOOD,THEN YOU DID GREAT....

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Guess mine kinda looked like a big mess, didn't it? :-\

Well, it is very tasty; you were right about the prunes. They add a very fruity taste that is quite different and delicious!

Chalk one up for Gypsy Cupid ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread