Frustrated

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been digging like a madman and checking every clump of dirt and nothing not even a find remotely worth mentioning. Before I would think about hanging up the old military shovel and I'd find something that psyched me up and kept me going but I feel like my luck might have run dry. Sad to say that gold sovereign will probably never be mine but at least I looked for it and found a couple cool things along the way. I hope you all find good stuff and think of me if ever one of General Burgoynes gold sovereigns makes it's way into your hands. I was really hoping this was gonna be me bragging about a cool find but it is not. I'll go out and dig a couple more spots so I can feel better about possibly hanging up the shovel for a while. If I find something I'll let you know, if not I'll probably be down for a bit and trying not to think about it.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know if this would help, but I have an old school yard near me. If I have a few minutes I go there and I really REALLY listen to my machine. I try differnt modes, sensitivities, iron discrim. etc. and I go alone so I dont have any distractions. It's my practice yard. I find clad, but have also found rings, crosses, and mostly indian head pennies. BUT it's a place where I can really zero in on my machine and what it can do. It's close by so I dont have to worry about packing up and being somewhere on time.
I guess what I'm saying is go somewhere accessible, bring your manual and really test out different scenarios. The time to learn your machine is not at a A-1 prime location where you could be missing good stuff. Learn before-hand... Just my humble opinion.
Bev

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The time to learn your machine is not at a A-1 prime location where you could be missing good stuff. Learn before-hand... Just my humble opinion.
Bev

That's a pretty good bit of advice right there. Know your machine inside and out before you start detecting private yards or others spots where you might only get 1 or 2 shots to detect them.

OP
OP
TiBorn

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to learn my metal detector better. I always seem to find my best stuff on instinct. I just found something really cool digging on instinct please check it out, it is in today's finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread