frustration

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered an aftermarket dredge pump to put on a honda 2.5. It is from well known prospecting supply co. They actually supply other well known suppliers. They are not a supporting vendor so I cant name them. It is a dredge pump and NOT made in Chatsworth if that narrows it down enough. I wouldn't have the issue i'm having if I would have gotten it fromt them.

I have never heard complaints about this company and Bazooka sources items from them so I bought from them.

Well It took a month to get it due to them being out of stock..Finally it arrives cool!!!! Well here are my fustrations. Before I mounted it of course I put the mounting plate impellar and housing together. I see light between the mounting plate and housing. The manufacturer claims no seal is needed.
I was hoping that it would be fixed once I pulled the transfer pump off of the honda and mounted the dredge pump that I would get the face to face seal they claim happens.

I get to the point of mounting thr new adapter plate and guess what the mounting screws they send are not correct the thread pith is totally wrong. If you didn't know to check you would destroy the threads in the motor body the pith is close enough to get a start.

Dang it so first thing in the morning its off to the hardware store for proper screws. AAANNND they don't have countersink heads in that lenght and pitch so its cheese head screws and I have to grind them down flat so the plates and mount flush. No biggie at this point i'm really wanting to check the seal issue and will get the right screws online or at Home depot and remount.

Plates on now. Time to put on the impellar.....WTF the impellar is threaded with like a 1/4 inch hole the honda shaft is what 3/8 I COULD BREAK A LOT OF THINGS RIGH NOW AARRRGGHHHH.

I waited a month for this pump it is specifically sold as a dredge pump for this specific honda motor!!!!! And the impellar doesn't mount to the shaft. I feel like a 1/4 inch shaft wouldn't even exist on a pump anyways. I think somehow they tapped it wrong.

It came with no paperwork or mounting instructions or parts list.

I will be calling them tomorrow. I ended up just putting the transfer pump back on. It does provide some suction I can use it to pull gravel off the bottom but still had to be carful to not choke the hose and it wouldn't pull pickers out of depressions I ended up having to use my snuffer for several pieces. (I know that sounds silly to some) Obviously I like to see the gold before its in the sluice but, there is a reason I'm running a dredge to clean out crevices and I need a little more suction. It's only a 2 inch nozzle But, I need more suction. And the pressure from the transfer pump isn't enough and effects the depth I can get to alot as it has a hard time pushing the water uphill as it is.

I ran a 2 inch in the past and know how much suction I can get with that p90 style pump. Has anyone else mounted one of these after market pumps before? I can discuss the brand in private if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to a helpful fella in the shop. he believes they have some impellars stashed aay that ill fit our motor. If not he says i can have it machined for ours. The hole is 1/4 inch so there is enough meat to have it tapped to the right size.

it is really dumb that they don't list the specs in any of their catalogs. I really don't think I goofed up by not looking at the cover of the pull starter as that is the only place that states the motor model.

Thanks for the input guys it helped me figure out the right info to fugure this out.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ours is definitely a wxp15

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A inexpensive alternative is to buy the china copy of the GXH50 on ebay. It comes without a tank for use with motorized bicycles. Search for HuaSheng 49cc with 5/8" Straight Shaft Engine Only (4-stroke) Gas Motorized

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread