• ccp.jpg
    ccp.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Whichever it was, or is, that's a sweet piece.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
That form seems to be very popular with Ft. Ancient culture, I've seen quite a few like it. I have heard them called both, tooth and claw. Some are drilled, some aren't..I wonder if they could be a gaming piece. Damn nice piece, regardless of what you call it.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
moundbuilder said:
I found this Ft. Ancient (Mississippian) effigy pendant along the Ohio River in Bracken County Kentucky during the winter of 1994. Made from cannel coal, the design was fairly widespread and may have represented a carnivore canine (my opinion) or bird of prey talon (Lar Hothem's opinion).
Merry x mas,
Museum quality for sure.There have been several of those as well as other pendants,effigy,gorgets found in Bracken,mason counties in Kentucky though rare indeed.Beautiful artifact.I have seen some amazing pcs.from Bracken county.I have found the canal coal though.Ilive near Bracken across river in Brown.There was a collector,Sonny Atkins,now deceased,had lots of those were sold at an auction years ago.It took two days to auction it all off.Super find Tell me exactly where you found that now? lol
Jeff

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you find some great stuff down there! Awesome relic!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread