ft myers beach poor hunting: pounded or cleaning machines????

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
roadtrip here.still havent managed to buy the water machine. spent a few hours hunting the dry sand.wow. mighty dissappointing.at ft myers beach just pre spring break. hunting the beach areas near the fishing pier.very poor.on hawaii i was managing about 2 bucks an hour.ft myers total of 76 cents for 3 hours. dug much tiny foil so i know the machine was workin good. split shot fish weights at 4 to 5 in.bb size lead. what gives.this beach was packed with sunbathers.too many hunting there?.i saw one other detectorist out in the water.he looked very unhappy. dumping junk finds back to bottom.i wanted to talk to him.his look said no way. they do rake the sand there.do they also use sand cleaning machines??

Upvote 0

Goldinwater

Nov 1, 2007
Hurst,Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Stingwray,Cz20, Excaliber, Spectrum xlt, Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they have cleaning machines, about 25 people a day with detectors. They come in the evening and some about 4 in the morning then all through the day. I think I have seen the one dumping trash finds back because I find the stuff laying on top with mud stuck up inside near holes. My hunting partner and myself usually have a full pouch of trash every time we come out of the water. I was told they dredged up tons of beer cans a few years ago and put it all on the beaches and dozed it to make a new beach . Thats why there is so many small pieces of aluminum.

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Try the water in front of the Lani Kia, lots of drunks spashing in the water there. :) The beach is so full of trash, its easy to get worn out quick digging small pieces of foil. I've had better luck heading south.

Jason

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i was told the lani kai has a real bad rep for dope dealing and prostitution.i did see cops there one day when i was having lunch near there.when u mean further south do u mean the private condos south past the main hotel area,but still ft myers beach.or bonita beach to naples etc?

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
I wouldnt want to stay at the Lani with my family, but I don't think its to bad. The condos south of the hotels are good places to try, all the way down to Big Carlos. Becarefull at BC lots of fish hooks all the way down the beach. :)

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
thanks for info.im not actually on the island.is there any free parking anywhere at all.been takin the trolley.are u searchin the beach only,or out in the water too.how do u like the tigershark.is it hard to ground balance?

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Scrounger, you can park across the street from the condos at a coulpe places, Publics is a good one, & the shops just before Fish tale marina. Big Carlos you can park there for $1, just cross the bridge and turn right.
I really like the Tiger Shark, I havent had any trouble with the ground balance, Just a slight adj. here or there
and its been good to go, I"ve read people say it doesnt get good depth in salt mode, but some of the holes I've dug you could fall into. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions