Fuel Canteen, Copper?

Posey1114

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first posting. We recently found this in a second hand store and were wondering what it is. In doing a search, it looks like it may some kind of a fuel canteen. We believe that it is copper. It measures approximately 11" high and 8.5" in diameter. It has two brackets on either side with in hole in them. These may have been for some sort of a strap. There is an old cork in the top, but it must have originally had some sort of a screw in cap. There are threads within the hole. There is also a spout that opens and closes. All this is shown in the pictures. Can anyone tell me what it might be and how I can find out for sure? P1030637.JPG P1030638.JPG P1030639.JPG P1030640.JPG P1030641.JPG P1030642.JPG P1030643.JPG
Thanks.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Since you posted this in the New Member Introduction Thread - allow me to welcome you aboard from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

OP
OP
P

Posey1114

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcoming note. I found it a bit difficult to know exactly how to do a post. Is there somewhere else that I should have posted other than in the "New Member Introduction Thread"? I wanted it to be listed in the "What is it" category. Do I need to repost? Thanks for your help.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, yes, it should be under the what is it forum.

Wayne

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome, and great copper find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread