Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fugitive in Florida's biggest gold heist captured in Belize

140508040601-cuban-national-arrested-gold-heist-story-top.jpg
(CNN)
-- When immigration agents in Belize spotted a man crawling through the bushes near its border with Guatemala, they not only stopped someone trying to illegally enter their country -- they also captured an international fugitive suspected of pulling off the biggest gold heist in Florida history.

Raonel Valdez-Valhuerdis was wanted for a bold heist where he allegedly held up a man who was carrying two suitcases full of more than 100 pounds of gold flakes.
Why would a man have suitcases filled with gold flakes?
That's just one aspect that makes this tale so bizarre.

Fugitive in Florida's biggest gold heist captured - CNN.com

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I wonder if the US Marshals that tracked his ankle bracelet after the heist have retired. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the US Marshals that tracked his ankle bracelet after the heist have retired. Frank...-

Good question :thumbsup:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, cops are human too, temptation is there, 2 days ago was a big drug bust here, 20 million in cash found, I'd be willing to bet it was way more than 20, heck I've never stolen anything..well aside from that MRAP..muwhaha, if I seen 20 million in a house, and knew the gov was just gonna confiscate it, well damned I'd be because as much as I could hide, would be coming home with me.
That's just dope money, not somebody's hard earned money, so in my mind, its fair game.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions