Full Grooved Axe and a Hafted Scraper-Back in the day family field finds.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Full Grooved Axe and a Hafted Scraper-Back in the day family field finds.

I wish I found these and I'm still looking for my 1st Indian artifact! But I inherited these 2 artifacts from my grandfathers house 20 years ago as we were cleaning out his house and I found these in a cabinet drawer in the attic...Still a find right,LOL!! My great grandfather own farmland in Wis. next to the rock river in Watertown many years ago,so I'm sure that's where they came from and that was over 60 years ago..So I thought to show off my grandfathers Indian artifacts to you guys and hope one day to show you mine..Happy hunting

Hafted Scraper and a Full Grooved Axe.

P1050774.jpg

P1050770.jpg

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Full Grooved Axe and a Hafted Scraper-Back in the day family field finds.

Very nice artifacts. The old timers found some really nice things. Glad you have them now. If you metal detect old farm fields you will be showing artifacts in no time. There are way more artifacts than good metal detecting finds out there.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice family artifacts. The axe is really nice and the scraper is super. Thanks for the history and pics. I would go back and find some more!!

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010

That is a nice hafted scraper and a great axe. Those two artifacts are really nice way to remember your grandfather. I have some artifact's that my grandfather found 70-80 years ago and they are pieces that I will always treasure. Artifact's from a family member or a good friend are good things to have and hold on to. Good luck in your hunting.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

those are nice rob, thanks for sharing.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio

very nice relics,even though you havent found your first artifact yet(you will)your collection is off to a good start.good luck hunting :thumbsup:

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia

those are some beatiful artifacts rob, especialy that axe. thanks for sharng

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio

I can imagine what was laying on the ground 60 or 100 years ago, just laying there. Nice axe Rob!!!!!!!

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010

There is a creek near here where my grandfather hunted arrowheads when he was a boy,he told me stories about when he was a young you could go down there and come back with both pockets full in a short time. You can go to the same creek today and you have to look hard to even find a chip. I have several hundred artifacts my grandfather left to me before he passed away.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks everyone!I can only imagine all the artifacts that were laying in the fields back then and only picking up 2 of them..I wish I can go back there and look around but everything is built up now..If my family collected artifacts like they did stamps and tobacco cards,It would take me days to post it all,LOL!!I have a bunch of Indian tobacco cards lying around somewhere and also family farm pics as well...When i do find them I'll post them up.

flintdigger-that's impressive collection your gramps past down to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread