fully grown corn

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
trevmma said:
well im still adding to my collection thru 8 ft. corn. anybody else hunt tall corn. i have took a few leaves to the old eyes a few times. i will take pics when i get home to my scanner thanks
Well Trev around here there is a lot of marijuana grown in cornfields.And there are usually only three people in those fieds in August,the farmer growing the corn,th dope grower,or the law looking for someone going into that field.Or of course the theif looking to steal the weed lol.I do have to admire you,cause that would be some tough hunting.The leaves,and snakes ,not to mention the pot growers mat set booby traps or shoot you. good luck Jeff

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Ive done the high corn walk in my earlier days when I was totally addicted to arrowheading. I do know on a hot 85 to 95 degree day it really sucks... hard to breathe, yellow pollen stuff in your nose and making your eyes itch, leaves grabbing you like theres no tomorrow. Then when you want to call it quits you cant find your buddy cause hes wondering around lost in the middle of it. It may be fine if you jump in and out looking for chips from a new site which you can hit at another time when cut. Or if your looking a area where your farmer friend isnt so friendly....until he runs over you with his harvester.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to hunt anywhere, but now our corn fields are
'cow pastures', not much cultivation done here anymore.

Fossis..............

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No corn but, I used to hunt tobacco fields when I lived in KY. They grow some big tall burley in some of those bottoms.

P

pickaway

Heck yeah was out last week in the fields i use those clear safety glasses that wrap around lightweight & comfortable,always try & wear a light weight long sleeve helps to & water.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
trevmma said:
well im still adding to my collection thru 8 ft. corn. anybody else hunt tall corn. i have took a few leaves to the old eyes a few times. i will take pics when i get home to my scanner thanks
Well I did it,I walked through the tall corn today and found nice point. I,ll post pic soon Jeff

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet, i have found about 6 (2 good ones) so far in a way it makes it easier i think because you concentrate real hard and you always have your head down so the korn dont cut you.

justine093

May 3, 2006
berks, PA
I never thought you could hunt growing corn fields...
I always look at that tall corn and can't wait until the field is plowed over.
I will have to try it!
thanks for the idea....
(silly me thought you could only hunt in the fall and spring)

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I asked a question about hunting the corn a while ago. There are some pretty big fields where I want to go. (havent yet though) I plan on taking my GPS so I dont wast time looking for the way back to the truck.
VPR

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
I asked a question about hunting the corn a while ago. There are some pretty big fields where I want to go. (havent yet though) I plan on taking my GPS so I dont wast time looking for the way back to the truck.
VPR
Smart, great idea!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
I tried hunting the field that never fails when it was fully grown with corn. It was hot, itchy, and I ended up with a bunch of cuts from the leaves of the stalks. I usually just wait until the corn is out. but if it's working for you keep finding that flint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xstevenx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread