fun day :D

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Many CRH'ers come to that conclusion after a ton of skunk boxes followed by 1 40%er per box. I CRH and buy silver, so I guess I double dip. I don't mind paying close to spot when silver is down, but everyone loves paying face value!!!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is no one wants to sell when its down. Its a nice theory and if you can find it buy it. I personally havent found any.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
AGCoinHunter said:
Problem is no one wants to sell when its down. Its a nice theory and if you can find it buy it. I personally havent found any.
Or, in the case of silver halves, even when spot is down, they still command a premium.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Any score is a good score. I would not buy silver, now or in the future,unless it was very close to face value of course.
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
d2arcing said:
got 4 boxes... 2x 1964 1x 40% and a bunch of engrave scratched up proofs... fun stuff, I am starting to think i may be better off just buying silver

Did 4 Guarda Boxes today myself, got one lone 1967 in 2nd Box; lots of Marked coins and saw one more numbered "12" with a green sharpie- but the one that ticked me off was the Red Sharpie of a small smiley face on Left side of kennedy's neck- figure it was a liberal seein it was on the left.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
obediah said:
d2arcing said:
got 4 boxes... 2x 1964 1x 40% and a bunch of engrave scratched up proofs... fun stuff, I am starting to think i may be better off just buying silver

Did 4 Guarda Boxes today myself, got one lone 1967 in 2nd Box; lots of Marked coins and saw one more numbered "12" with a green sharpie- but the one that ticked me off was the Red Sharpie of a small smiley face on Left side of kennedy's neck- figure it was a liberal seein it was on the left.

OB,
I know my son has been getting skunked so much he quit doing boxes. Haven't heard from Ugotit who is a big game hunter here in CT so I'm assuming he's skunking out as well.
Silver Cop is due for a big score on his 20 I'll be tuning in tonight to see how he does.
I'm of the opinion that there are numerous people box searching, and some mega searchers, 100 boxes plus, with special arrangements or collusion with the banks. I think this mega searching is in desperation because of a dollar that is going to fail. Those holding the silver better get rid of it and get gold. You are not going to see no 50 bucks an ounce. I think silver will drop like a sinker.
HH
Rich
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
obediah said:
d2arcing said:

OB,
I know my son has been getting skunked so much he quit doing boxes. Haven't heard from Ugotit who is a big game hunter here in CT so I'm assuming he's skunking out as well.
Silver Cop is due for a big score on his 20 I'll be tuning in tonight to see how he does.
I'm of the opinion that there are numerous people box searching, and some mega searchers, 100 boxes plus, with special arrangements or collusion with the banks. I think this mega searching is in desperation because of a dollar that is going to fail. Those holding the silver better get rid of it and get gold. You are not going to see no 50 bucks an ounce. I think silver will drop like a sinker.
HH
Rich
HH
Rich

Wish had cash to do more, found a Bank she (the head teller) said she understood what am doing and she is willing to handle as many Bags I wana dump- of course I'm financially quite limited anyway, but asked her for clarification she said NO PROBLEM, even every week. She is way away from me but a good one to keep in mind.

Silver totals are so low compared to last year, of course only started in March, have no experience before 3/09 ; and am seeing all kinds of CRH marks from at least 20 diff CRH'ers in this last 4 Box order. Do believe our finds due to the publicity in Magazines etc is gonna do us in apart from doing very large volumes to get small amounts here & there.

Tellers are all the time telling me lots of people stop in asking for Halves too.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I have never gotten a good half box. Most of my scores have been road trips. Odd tho i hear stories of franklins walkers and mercs being hard to find , i have found and continually find them. I did get a score of bank rolled dimes recently that has blown away any box of halves i have gotten in my area.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
I don't do boxes as you all know, but I notice customer wrapped rolls are drying up a little in my area as well. I know there are a lot of CRHers in this area, so I sometimes get their "dumps". But, just when you think there's nothing out there, up jumps some silver rolls. I think there will always be people depositing coin collections and Kennedy half dollars they've been saving for years because they need money. Happens all the time. Remember, CRH is a hobbie, not a living. As for silver prices, I believe it will go up and down depending on need. It's a "precious metal". The idea of selling some of your silver and buying gold is probably a good idea at this time. That's my "two cents worth".
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread