apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got off early this afternoon so I went by a bank that every now and then has a few loose halves. The last two times I scored at least 2 40%'s out of no more than 10 halves from the tellers. Nice folks at this bank, but don't want to go to often as to wear out my welcome.

Went in and asked if I could buy a cent box. Yes--I could. I also asked if they had any halves. They did not, but the teller said he had some large silver dollars so I bought them. Turned out to be Ike clads. Oh well.

The cent box was by far the best I have ever had. No key dates, but it sure filled a lot of holes for me. Total wheats: 195

Oldest 1913 (4) to 1958. More 1930s than anyother. Was very happy to fill the "books" so to speak. The 1920s totaled 48 coins.

I like cents because it keeps me busy inbetween halves. I am trying to save a roll of every 20th century cent for my granddaughter who graduated from pre-k tonight (big smile). :D

apush :read2:

Upvote 0

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Wow, that is a great score on the wheaties. And so many early dates too. Not just 40's and 50's. There are some really good 1920's wheats, depending on the mint mark.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is AMAZING on the wheats! I usually only get about 10 or so. And I've never gotten one that was dated before the 1940's. :icon_thumleft:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome box! my best box was 55 wheats. I would faint if I found one like yours. :icon_thumright:

HH
Gilbert

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've never tried pennies,but I'm always tempted. I've done a few boxes,bags, and handrolls of nickels. I need to recover for a month or two after going through a bunch of them.
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread