Fun with Google Earth: Them Hills Are Haunted!

Uncle

Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the hills are haunted 'round them parts. In other news had a lot of fun of late with Google Earth and the Supes. I've read and seen loads and appreciate all the fine disussions you all have. It really is fascinating. Now, with the exception of Sarge (sgt) I don't see many folks posting pictures or placer gold but it is obvious that it is coming from somewhere, Pinto Creek, Fish Creek, probably in more places than the Forest Service would want us to believe. And I have a another question why does it seem in the thousands and thousands of posts that the Historical Society doesn't seem too eager to supply manuscripts/stones (Peralta) ectcetera to those that request them? It seems that a recurring theme is that person or team X,Y,Z conctacted the museum but they did not respond to their request to view the stones, or to view a letter or a rare book bought at a yead sale or something to that effect. I'm just asking, and may be wrong but was wondering if anyone else that has read a ton of posts sees a trend there?

I've been looking at the area for a long time now on Google Earth and am planning my first trip out that beautiful part of the country in December. In looking at Earth i've seen some wierd stuff. I'm sure those of you that have been there have experianced wierd happenings. I'm not one to succumb to parodeilia easily but I swear on a lot of the images from satellite data it's easy to imagine demons, peoples faces, demons, demons.. lol..

I need coffee. And will try not to digress, but I've seen some odd things in the images. Well anyway I wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you all for the fascniating reading. I've found a couple of interesting areas and really wonder if the LDM ever existed in the first place, or was a distraction by Waltz, but honestly the ore came from somewhere. We know someone found a match for the ore in the 80's that, in true_broken-record_fashion, ended up dead. But the ore matched. SGT's ore has a lot of the same color as Waltz's but that seems common, but still it looks dang nice. So in short, there is gold there, even if the powers that be don't want people to know, there is gold there. Look at the mercury emissions. Looks at the late Jim Hatts mercury mine. I personally would love to see the Whetstones and was going to email him and then learned he passed a few years ago. Seems like a great loss to the community here, but perhaps one day I will find the Whetstones. It looked Spanish to my untrained eye, and captivating!

I found an area today that may be my first target area, although since it is a few months out now that is subject to change. I'll post a picture from Google Earth at the bottom of the post. My dad wants to come and at 64 I am a bit concerned but we'll be okay. He is mostly Creek, and my mom is mostly Cherokee so that makes me mostlly Creekokee? LOL. Honestly though the native side of me says to be careful in there. Lots of voices and residual energy it seems. But back to the question at hand I wanted to see if anyone else thought this image looked a tad unnatural. Waltz supposedly built a wall to hide the workings from the trail... i have no idea. It looks odd, and after all the greedy idiots over the last 300 years it's probably more recent, but it fits the area. The needle is to the South, and one can see the peaks to the North.

Here is the Needle and it looks nice and pointy just like it's s'posed to.
1.png

Here are the Peaks to the North.
2.png

I thought I had found a CIA station way over in the NE corner by the Lake on the mountain and then learned it was the repeater station for the Rescue Service. :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Really enjoy reading all the posts, and though I'm in Tennessee, I hope to meet some of you one day. I'm just having a blast. :)

Dusty

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Dusty you and your dad get out this way let me know. Ill show you around. Don't want you guys to get in any trouble. One thing the mountains are a lot different than what you see on Google earth. Mother Nature has had it's way back there.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Enjoy. It's a pretty nice place to hike around. Never seen a demon, but have sweated and damm near froze on the same day. It was fun when I was young...

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured as much, we keep getting the straggly remnants coming from that side. Also been getting stuff rolling down from Preskit and Wickenburg area.

OP
OP
U

Uncle

Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1019885

Closer

View attachment 1019886

Interesting Spot

View attachment 1019887

Almost looks like a small concrete dam.

Sorry I got bored and took a few minutes to find your spot. Don't worry, I swear I won't tell anyone. :occasion14:

Oh no worries. LOL. Could be a dam. I dunno. The ground looked disturbed above it. You must be part bloodhound? :tongue3:

sgtfda, I'd love to have dad meet you. When it gets closer to the time I'll PM you, and thanks for the kind invitation.

dusty

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread