Funniest thing I have ever heard.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop at a B of A today and got 80.00 in CWR of half dollars. Asked the usual questions and the lady behind the counter recognized me. She wouldn't let me have the Half dollars. She was one of my athletes from Track. She knew what I did as a hobby and started to tell me the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. Seems there is a gentlemen who routinely orders $500.00 dollars of halves every single week, sits in the parking lot and goes through them, then brings them back in re-wrapped. After two months of this the bank got really upset and decided to have a little fun. They dumped the $500.00 in halfs into a bag and told him everything was being bagged now. they exchanged out and would just swap him a bag he searched from the previous day/week. I almost spit out my gum I was laughing so hard. She handed me $80.00 dollars from a different teller and I happened to get two 40%'ers. If you want a pic, I will be more than happy to scan it for you. :laughing7:

Next, stopped and dumped at another bank, and ran to a Regions, got a 1928 10.00 Gold Certificate from them, 11 Ike's (no silver) and another two 40%'ers.

Four for the pile and a story to remember for quite some time. Bankers do have a sense of humor and the nice young lady promised to call me when somebody other than the box holder drops off half dollars.

I am still chuckling about this everytime I think about it and wonder how long this moron will continue to search his own dumps. Been going on a month now..... :laughing7:

Upvote 0

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
Very funny. Don't dump at your pick up bank. I think I've heard that somewhere before.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny story, nice score on the gold certificate, I have a 1922 $20 gold certificate as well, it's a large bill, is yours normal sized bill or is it the large style?

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
Funny story, nice score on the gold certificate, I have a 1922 $20 gold certificate as well, it's a large bill, is yours normal sized bill or is it the large style?

It is normal size, the bank had it marked to destroy. There is a tad bit of ink on the back from somebody writing on it from years and years ago. Not worth the $100.00 it is listed as, but it is history just the same.

ibuildcircuits

Aug 15, 2011
CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!! I love gold certificates! And congrats on the Ikes and silver halves. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Freedom,
I got a 1928 $20 "redeemable for gold" bill last week. It's in pretty good shape, but also
has a ink pen number on the back. Interesting though and yes...historic. It's a keeper.
rileyboy

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Just goes to show;

If we abuse the bank badly enough, they WILL get even.

The choices are :

--No service
--Fees
--The Door

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piledriver said:
Just goes to show;

If we abuse the bank badly enough, they WILL get even.

The choices are :

--No service
--Fees
--The Door

Guess I am little bit better off than that. Some of the young adults that I participated in Track and Field are now showing up as productive citizens and working at banks........

Two banks that I frequent, now 3, that is the case. The mother of one of the track students actually is the vault teller at WF......

Treat everyone nice and nice things happen to you. I do believe in Karma.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold certificates are sweet, nice find, I would love to find one.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
sweet finds!!! huge congrats! funny story too!!! post a pic of the gold cert if u can, im a sucker for old currency! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
BuffaloBoy said:

It is normal size, the bank had it marked to destroy. There is a tad bit of ink on the back from somebody writing on it from years and years ago. Not worth the $100.00 it is listed as, but it is history just the same.
It's nice that they sold it to you even though they had it marked to destroy. I stopped at a bank last year that has received a $1000 FRN, but they said it was against policy to cash it out and that it had to be sent back to the fed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread