Funny CRHer plus My first commemorative!!!

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have had plenty of interesting experiences here in LA but this one takes the cake!

So I walk into one of my frequented dump banks, where (you may all laugh) just happens to be a branch where pretty much every teller here is a cherry picker with one of the tellers even being a good friend of mine and a CRHer. We share stories and what-not with each other all the time.

Anyways, one day I walk in and he tells me about an older gentleman who walked in with a shopping cart and had previously ordered halves and was there to pick em all up (at once!) he ordered 5k!!

Well, that's his business right? About 3 hours later the same day, the guy walks right back in and asks that he deposits em!

It doesn't stop there, he continued this several more times before my buddy working over there got to finally meet him. The guy tells him, "man I have been at this but am not really finding anything worth my time." he didn't even know the teller there was a CRHer! Broke the 2nd golden rule! Spreading the word.

So my buddy, who is a lil upset because he also ordered coin from his own branch AND had to carry this gentleman's coin on a daily basis, tells him "you know, when you pick up andd dump in the same place, it actually only allows you To go through your dumps only"

The guy backs up with the dumps, but of course came back later to brag about how my bud was right and now he was finding 90%s all the time :\

Was this a lose-lose situation for us???

On a different note! I got a 1936 San Diego world fair commemorative half this week!! Such a beauty!!!

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think its a lose-lose situation if your buddy (and you to? that wasnt clear) were also ordering halves from this bank. The less dumps the better, but you also have to realize that many many branches will use the same central cash/coin vault for processing, especially in Los Angeles. So sure, you could say it is good to get him out of that system, but who knows how many others there are monster dumping.

As for his finds he may just be chest puffing or not, but if he is a monster searcher doing 5k every few days, he will inevitably find a bunch of silver. Thats why I do big volume, even though i get alot of skunks you eventually find the stash.

HH
Bigheed

OP
OP
Laken

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can not disagree with you there BigHeed. And I actually did forget that everything goes through LACCV in Los Angeles.

Thanks for the link to the commemorative!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they do go through LACCV, but I think each chain has their own vault within LACCV.

I need to get a carrier license so I can just go to LACCV and get mad coin anytime i want....wonder if thats possible lol.

OP
OP
Laken

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha, would be pretty amazing! Atleast we have a bigger search radius in comparison to other areas.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Your friend could just get rid of the guy by telling him that they won't order halves anymore. I actually wouldn't mention anything after hearing that he got skunked all the time. I would just let him keep going until he stops. Enough skunkage will get any CRHer to stop or slow down.

Also if you are a carrier.. they cannot look and cull for coins.

OP
OP
Laken

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wondered about how awesome it would be to be the head manager's son/brother/relative at a central coin vault and be able to go through all the coin I wanted as it circulated through!

... But then I realize that it would be utterly horrible if someone could pull that off, especially since it would substantially hurt the rest of the CRH community, and would more than likely never be one of us.

OP
OP
Laken

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would rarely find anything if that were true SFbay

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant like get a license, pick up coins for the companie's client, which happens to be me!

Mainly for discretion. So I dont have to go to the bank all the time ordering, dumping, watching for sharks, etc.

Being able to go to the central cash vault would probably save the bank money to. They wouldnt have to pay a courrier to cart it back and forth.

not being a carrier for other people.

OP
OP
Laken

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahhhh, so you are a carrier BH? I am a little lost... I apologize

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just modified my post....no im saying like if you could somehow get a license and make your own LLC, bigheeds courrier or whatever. And then I would be the only client of the courrier.

wonder if its even feasible.

I already looked into opening my own bank and you have to pay 5000 just to go b4 the banking commissioner of LA, so I threw that idea out the window.

Then I thought, well I dont need my own bank, I just need a way to access the central cash vault. Thus the courrier idea. I'll look into it at some point.

OP
OP
Laken

Laken

Dec 24, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand. Wouldn't be a bad idea, and I am sure it could be feasible. Just may take a bit of work. Could you imagine opening up your own chain of coinstar type machines but instead the machines would actually be able to receive silver coinage as well as misc. coins.

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
SFBayArea said:
Your friend could just get rid of the guy by telling him that they won't order halves anymore. I actually wouldn't mention anything after hearing that he got skunked all the time. I would just let him keep going until he stops. Enough skunkage will get any CRHer to stop or slow down.

Also if you are a carrier.. they cannot look and cull for coins.

If they roll coin for the Fed they are allowed.

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
Bigheed said:
just modified my post....no im saying like if you could somehow get a license and make your own LLC, bigheeds courrier or whatever. And then I would be the only client of the courrier.

I already looked into opening my own bank and you have to pay 5000 just to go b4 the banking commissioner of LA, so I threw that idea out the window.

Then I thought, well I dont need my own bank, I just need a way to access the central cash vault. Thus the courrier idea. I'll look into it at some point.
Insurance might kill your margins, but dream big, baby! Dream big!!!!!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Bigheed said:

I totally think that this is possible in some form or fashion. I will know soon enough, and post what I find out. I have a strong feeling though that it is possible somehow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions