Jeff.L

Dec 8, 2011
Port Of Pittsburgh PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC & Garrett Pinpoint Pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Funny & Fun Finds from the farm

Iā€™m pretty much a newbie at metal detecting, but this was the first really good day out with my wife and New E-Track, still experiencing a bit of a learning curve and trying to figure out what Iā€™m doing but it was fun never the less, Just ordered a Garrett Pro pin pointer, learned lesson #1.
Finds from the farm, there was an old log cabin on the property with an old root cellar and an outhouse , the log home dated from the late 1800ā€™s to early 1900ā€™s torn down somewhere around 1950ā€™s.
1St picture we have some sort of antique therapeutic medical device, ā€LOLā€ found in the same hole with a partial pull tab bracelet or necklace, a beer can top and a brass strainer.

2Nd Picture an Iron handle, round rusty widget, screwdriver & a nail.

3rd Picture a Hook from a bird cage, piece of led, spent bullet, shotgun shell brass & a 1973 quarter (wahoo)

4th Picture its the base of the birdcage with the pole, Iā€™m going to clean this up at workā€¦ seeing a lamp here.

And the best for last!!
Two goatsā€¦. apparently they had detected a bail of straw that I forgot about in the bed of my truckā€¦.LOL

Attachments

• IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 396
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 402
  • IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 499
  • IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 492
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Funny & Fun Finds from the farm

Haha goats!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Looks like you find a lot of stuff just like I find, except the base. What you are calling a bird cage stand base looks to me like the base for an Victorian era electric floor lamp.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT

BosnMate said:
Looks like you find a lot of stuff just like I find, except the base. What you are calling a bird cage stand base looks to me like the base for an Victorian era electric floor lamp.
I would take those goats to old home sites and let them clear the place for you. DD

OP
OP
Jeff.L

Jeff.L

Dec 8, 2011
Port Of Pittsburgh PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC & Garrett Pinpoint Pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

BosnMate said:

The rod is solid, it will end up as a lamp. lots of iron trash and beer cans pull tabs etc. Where the cabin was, nwxt to it is a cement pad with a fireplace thats coverd by a roof, the guy that owns it likes to drink a bit so its been party central for some time. Where the stone wall is that was used for storage is probally ancle deep in beer bottles, looks like they used it as a dump, no telling how many bottle caps are there. I need to figure out how to tweek my e-track better,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread