Funny GS story

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I was on the Chisolm trail hunt in kansas this weekend, I had just a little time, and hit some sales I picked up a Old Reel to Reel for 5 bucks, (some other stuff now on ebay). Got it home listed it and low and behold the Microphone got instant attention.

I had 2 people ask about winning but reducing the cost on shipping for just the mic, I said Fine Ill do that... after the auction. Then another guy offered a straight up 100.00 for the mic (its in the mailbox now).
Well Both potential buyers Pmed me (after I pulled the auction) crying saying that it was worth 200.00.
I said good I made 95.00 (plus the recorder is now relisted) and I hope the buyer makes 100.00.
Nothin like alittle Quick cash.
I love this game

Attachments

• 100_0598.JPG
    100_0598.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,015

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Good buy! I picked this one up at the dump and sold it for about the same.

Attachments

• mike1.jpg
    mike1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,042

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Looking for Food Scraps and Stuff to Sell on eBay will get us through the Financial Crisis.jpg
    Looking for Food Scraps and Stuff to Sell on eBay will get us through the Financial Crisis.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,051

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
:D :D It wasn't quite like that. They have a garage at the dump where folks put stuff that others may want, to keep it out of the landfill. Not that there's anything wrong with a little dumpster diving.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping on the same topic.

Last weekend I was talking to a young lady at her yard sale and this 10 year old boy came up to us. He held up an item and kept asking her what it was. She looked at the item and ignored him. After the 3rd time I told him it was a hot water bottle. ;D

images

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
mastereagle22 said:
TC you could step in horse poo and come out smelling like a rose. Oh wait you did this past weekend. :wink: ;D :thumbsup:

HHAAA, Horse poo is where the treasure is!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread