Funny how times have changed.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just think, California used to fund, research and publish useful information on placer gold mining and in the name of "conservation.ca.gov"! http://www.conservation.ca.gov/cgs/geologic_resources/gold/documents/sp87.pdf
I did note that this publication was edited, before it was submitted, since they struck out the Appendix entry for a list of equipment manufacturers and suppliers. Even an outdated list could still be useful to some.

I wonder what their 180 degree turn publication is titled?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be called..California, No mining no fishing, no hunting and no recreating. Rafting is allowed, with your "Green" card ID. Please observe all creeks and rivers from Google earth only.
Notice the State seal of California, there is a miner!

Cali state sealthCLE21LRA.jpg

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I read a bit of a report on a local fire and it spun my head. Only a matter of time Viking. Didn't there used to be a mission?

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sometimes you just have to break the rules if they are stupid. IMHO.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The division of Mines and Minerals USED to stock and sell 1,000s of books,maps and reports both in a store and online . NOW store closed,NOTHING reprinted and no more dept. Now Dept of Conservation-when called some dippie yuppie answers and when asked what happened he tells you it was closed because NO ONE MINES IN CALIFORNIA ANYMORE. Insipis silly :censored: analrexic fool. We have over 34 BIG operations here in Shasta County alone and the biggest sand,gravel,cement and gold producers also. No one mines :censored: -John

Caribou369

Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The division of Mines and Minerals USED to stock and sell 1,000s of books,maps and reports both in a store and online . NOW store closed,NOTHING reprinted and no more dept. Now Dept of Conservation-when called some dippie yuppie answers and when asked what happened he tells you it was closed because NO ONE MINES IN CALIFORNIA ANYMORE. Insipis silly :censored: analrexic fool. We have over 34 BIG operations here in Shasta County alone and the biggest sand,gravel,cement and gold producers also. No one mines :censored: -John

Ha, your clue led me on a hunt...and the hunt was successful!

Enjoy: https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator:"California.+Division+of+Mines+and+Geology"

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Caribou. If it was ever on the internet, it will never be hidden and can be found. The way CA went about this scrubbing of the internet reminds me of what the feds did regarding every major top secret research program....libraries would be gutted of any information even remotely close to a topic, like nuclear research, etc. Universities, libraries, everything would just disappear... He who controls the information, controls the people...guess China did teach us something after all...

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I once knew the manager of Granite Construction in Felton, CA. They had a quarry nearby above Felton, and a bigger one on the other side of the mountains. He told me they made more money from gold extraction than they did from selling rock and gravel! He said they used long tom sluice boxes, with mercury traps on the end,

Note: The Santa Cruz Mountains has never been known for gold, yet they make a profit doing this! The same can be said for the Nevada County operations of the local gravel company here, which works the Greenhorn River and Bear River area, and gets lots of gold!

Its best to keep such operations secret,as I am sure much hi-grading goes on, and unpaid taxes and such! Being the job superintendent must be a gravy train!Just write the whole operation off to expenses!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The same Granite Construction Inc. that is a partner in the Sierra Funds Combie Mercury & Gold scam, I'm shocked!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread