Funny "How would you like that back?" story

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing you are all familiar with that question, after you've dumped some coin.

I usually say "whatever is easiest for you" because A) I don't want to come off as having any additional demands of the teller after they just processed two huge bags of coin for me, and B) I'm usually headed right to the next bank to pick up more boxes, and $20s spend just as easily as $100s.

So that was how I answered this morning when I dumped $1100-something in halves. The teller said he was going to give me "large bills", and went to type his teller-wizard commands into the ancient-looking computer that operates the bill-dispensing thingy.

Next words I hear: "Uh oh. Oh no. Is there any way to stop this? You guys? Is there any way to stop this?"

Turns out that instead of ordering up $1100 in $100s, he ordered it in ONE DOLLAR BILLS.

And there was no way to stop it.

Fifty ones at a time came popping out of the dispenser. If they weren't removed right away, the machine would beep, because it had more cash waiting to spit out.

All told, it took a good 5-6 minutes for all those ones to come out of the machine. I waited patiently and laughed with the teller at the accident. Then when the machine finally stopped cranking out ones, he ran another order and paid me in $100s.

Good to know though that if I ever have need for 1000+ one dollar bills, my bank has me covered.

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Should have taken the ones, put them in a satchel and told all your friends you suddenly struck it rich...

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!

Next time, just say "pennies." *

* Yes, I know the proper term is cents, but lay people don't know the politically correct term

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!

Next time, just say "pennies." *

* Yes, I know the proper term is cents, but lay people don't know the politically correct term

We had a discussion or "argument" about this in one of my classes the other day. The topic was whether or not the US should get rid of the penny. I won because I said that it would be illegal for the US to get rid of the penny as the UK is still a sovereign country.

Anyhow, this story further hardens my growing frustration of computers. I was chuckling to myself while reading this post, but I was cringing at the inconvenience the computer caused when the dispense of $1 bills could not be stopped.

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny! I never had that happen but have gotten a $740 dump back in $10 bills when I asked for $100's.

jsknsd

Apr 29, 2013
Hanford
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have a good time at the strip club,LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions