maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So it has been raining here for 2 days straight now with this Debby storm looming over us and I cant work, so my son and I went and got a box of dimes and a box of nickels to search, (Halves show up tomorrow). While were there I'm talking to 1 of the tellers ( there are 3 at this branch and we all get along very good) and we started talking about what she collected( so I wouldn't waste my time searching stuff she allready does) and she says she is mostly into old money, So I say " You mean like old bills" yes old bills she says. I ask about coins, she says" Not really, I have a few Franklins and such". I haved asked before about old bills( I like to collect some of those too) and a couple of weeks ago she said she had a 20.00 bill from 1977, I said, really, cool, and she took it out to show me, she says, " I had it in here ( her drawer) because it is my birth year". So I say, can I buy it?Uh, Sure, you can buy it, so I did. So anyway, today while we were talking I told her if she ever found something she didn'twant that was old I would like to buy it, she says she has a $100.00 bill from 1934 that one of the local bussineses turned in they sent it off to the Secret Service because they thought it was counterfeit, it got sent back to the bank telling them it wasn't, but to pullit from curculation, so she says " I'll show it to you" she's showing it to me and I tell her if you don't want it I'd sure like to buy it. she says she is waiting to have the money to buy it, but she would sell it to me, I said but I thought you wanted it, she says yes, but if you ask for it I will sell it to you , the same with any coin in her tray even if she wants it, she hasn't bought it yet. So long story short, I say no no, I would never do that to you, ( especially now that I know she collects old bills and that is probably a lot for her to come up with), but if you decide not to buy it please don't give it out, I would love it for my collection, she says no problem, I'll let you know. So, I'm thinking I'm going to bring her back the $20.00 bill she was saving in her drawer ( that she was nice enought to show me) and explain to her that I didn't know that if I asked she would sell it to me, if you want to save it because it's your birth it's perfectly fine, just save me another one if you can. I realize now that she probably didn't think I was going to ask to buy it, she was just showing it to me( waiting to buy it) and was being nice when I asked to buy it. I can allways walk in to this bank and get what ever coin I would like and they are great there, I think this jesture should get me alot more perks from her ( like saving other coins for me), she said today that she would save all her wheats for me and silver quarters, ( like those pop up very often) We'll see. Sorry, no way to make this story much shorter, but feel free to tell me what you think. OH by the way, 1 1934 Buffalo, 1 2004 Proof Nickel ( never seen a proof Nickel before) and 1 63 Rosie from the boxes we got, all cwr's in boxes, I'll post picks tomorrow., Good night everyone.

Upvote 0

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So shes stated that if she has something you want to buy off her even though shes saving it , since its in her drawer she has to sell it to you? Am i getting this right?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, yeah... I would give/sell that $20 bill back to her, afterall she is real nice to you... :)

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great teller. Wish all were like her. Putting the customer first is how it should be. I say give the $20 to her. Think of it as an investment.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone, I'm making goodies for her tonight to take in tomorrow. I'm going to give her the $20.00 back in a plastic sleeve and give her another empty sleeve for the hundred she is trying to save for herself. Just got back from another bank with 2 boxes of halves ( 1 is definetly a skunk just by opening it) will post somethin for you.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you know the box is definately a skunk just by opening it? re-crimped/marked?

it's very nice of you to do this for the teller, afterall, you'll probrably exceed $20 in silver from her real quickly! :)

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
how do you know the box is definately a skunk just by opening it? re-crimped/marked?

it's very nice of you to do this for the teller, afterall, you'll probrably exceed $20 in silver from her real quickly! :)

Black and white rolls, all of them opened on one end, bank said they were delivered that way, I don't like this practice very much, I just pm'ed you. I'm going to picks up here in a few. Oh and all the rolls have a z or a 2 written on the side of them.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh ok i understand ya she seems super nice to bad they are not all like that where I am.

Bring them homemade sweets! Thats 1 of the reason they love me, and bring in your children when ever you can.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so went in the bank today with the $20.00 in a collector sleeve and an extra sleeve for the hundred she was saving, I told her I never would have asked you for this had I had known that you were a bill collector, I would really like you to take this one back and just save something else that you might not want for me, she says oh no no, thats totally fine, you can keep it, i didnt want you to feel bad, so I said that I didnt realize that you would sell me something that you wanted to keep, so for now on I won't ask, but if you have something just let me know, now that you know I might like to collect it too. So everyones happy, and she loved the goodies I brought for her.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my tellers are nice a few are just lazy. I would take care of her!! It will come back 10 fold...

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of my tellers are nice a few are just lazy. I would take care of her!! It will come back 10 fold...

Yup Tim, it definetly will, she has always been very cool, and I can always walk in when ever and just get a box of change from her. She told my son again today she would save all her wheats for him, and any quarters she finds for me, which would be sweet because I rarely see those ever.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Im saying is this is the perfect wife!!!!! Doesnt have to, but will. Doesnt want to, but will. Service before self!! And of course my dirty little mind wonders if shes like this in any other aspects of her life. Everything is pointing to YES.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread