Funny thing happened at park yesterday

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local park today. Really hunted out and did not expect to find anything. I did find a little clad and was good to get out. Have not been out for weeks. Anyway got a signal real close to top. So I laid down the detector and used the pinpointer.It was two quarters. I heard someone yelling "Hey Lady". Some older gentlemen was yelling to me "Are you alright?" I said yes fine. He said he thought I fell down and could not get up. Poor Guy, he was so upset. Well, I am old and the hair is all white. There are still some nice people out there.
There was a tot lot there and I did a quickie on it. Only one little boy 4 yrs. old there. I gave him all the pennies I found. He was so thrilled. Told his grandma that I found pirate treasure and gave it all to him. He He. Made his day. Pennies were all I found, by the way.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I laughed so hard about that OJG I cried! One time some years ago back in Oklahoma my neighbor old Bill went to sleep on the couch and his wife came in and thought he had died. She called the first responders and they woke him up when they jerked him off the couch and started CPR. He told me it's hell when you get so old that when you decide to take a nap everybody thinks you're dead. At my age, I try to remember not to get to still; just keep movin around.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I laughed so hard about that OJG I cried! One time some years ago back in Oklahoma my neighbor old Bill went to sleep on the couch and his wife came in and thought he had died. She called the first responders and they woke him up when they jerked him off the couch and started CPR. He told me it's hell when you get so old that when you decide to take a nap everybody thinks you're dead. At my age, I try to remember not to get to still; just keep movin around.

Well, thank God he did not call 911. He did have a phone in his hand. He He. Hell to be old. Soon to be the big 75.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OJG your my kind of people. That kid will be bragging about that treasure for sometime. That was pennies well spent (gifted).

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OJG your my kind of people. That kid will be bragging about that treasure for sometime. That was pennies well spent (gifted).
Oh, he had the time of his life. When I got a signal I would say ,oh another one, and he would come running. They were all on top, just had to move the bark and there it would be. I was hoping to find a dime or quarter, but not to be. His Grandma said he would drive her crazy for a treasure machine.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. I am more than glad to give away the clad and "some" of the wheats we find to kids. I will also take old Spanish coins that my great grandfather gave me that he had when he came over from Spain in the late 1890's to kids at the Basque picnics we attend. Starts a great conversation!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread