Funny thing that happened at Price Chopper

Boonieguy

Jun 28, 2012
north west Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went shopping on my way home from work last week .
As i was leaving the produce area a spotted an old guy with a small wad of money in his hand looking around like he had lost something.
When i ask he said “i lost something “
Being Mr helpful i started looking around on the bare concrete floor for anything obvious. 2 feet from his cart was this tie clip thing . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515289341.317539.jpg
I said hey here it is . He took it and said no that’s not what he was looking for and he set it down on a display and kept on walking around .
So i grabbed it back up and stuck it on the cart til i got up to customer service and handed it over to them .
What the heck would the odds be of trying to help someone who lost money or a money clip and looking down and bam there it is . Then it wasn’t.

Upvote 13

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you leave a note with it with your info? Tell them if it isn't claimed in 90 days you'll be back to claim it. Sad fact..... at least 90% of the time items in the lost & found drawer are claimed by the first employee liking it. Can't count how many employees I caught, by leaving a camera zoomed in on the drawer. Also, I've seen oldsters come looking for lost glasses & rewarding the kid who turned them in.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting find and more interesting story, thanks for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions