Funny tree hugger story.

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A woman from Los Angeles who was a tree hugging, anti-gun and an anti-miner purchased a piece of timberland near Colville, WA . There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big tree.
As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.
In considerable pain, she hurried to a local ER to see a doctor. She told him she was an environmentalist, a anti-gun, and an anti-miner and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go wait in the examining room and he would see if he could help her.
She sat and waited three hours before the doctor re-appeared.The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?"
He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a 'recreational area' so close to a Waste Treatment Facility.
AND I'M SORRY, BUT DUE TO YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER THEY TURNED YOU DOWN

Last edited:
Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Why does it matter if she was democrat, or republican? Your story stinks.
Immmmmm..... How about, Because it pretty clearly describes a typical liberal democrat .........:laughing7:

God we are in the mess we're in because people vote party lines instead of voting intelligently.... end of rant....:BangHead:

The two parties that exist today are not democrat and republican.... it's us and them......

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gent's...much as I would love to comment, it's a very strong rumor
that politics is verboten in all but the Charter Member forum.

Might be best we police our own before the Mod's come in and
do it?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed.....:thumbsup:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see! politics, wild life, trees, personal injury to danger zones. And insurance issues sounds like something that happens to us! I LMAO!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good lord people, it was a JOKE! Some might say an apropos joke, but a JOKE nontheless. A Funny funny ha ha, remember those? They are humorous and meant to make you laugh despite the seriousness of the situation. It was not an attack on or insult towards any individual of this forum. It's bad enough we won't rise to the occasion and stand up for our rights as they are taken from us, but now we have taken it upon ourselves to censor harmless humor! Boy is our training coming along nicely!

Fishinfacts- Thanks for the laugh but I guess in this day and age it would have been better if you put a little feel good disclaimer somewhere in there that no liberal democrats were hurt in the telling of this harmless joke.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good lord people, it was a JOKE! Some might say an apropos joke, but a JOKE nontheless. A Funny funny ha ha, remember those? They are humorous and meant to make you laugh despite the seriousness of the situation. It was not an attack on or insult towards any individual of this forum. It's bad enough we won't rise to the occasion and stand up for our rights as they are taken from us, but now we have taken it upon ourselves to censor harmless humor! Boy is our training coming along nicely!

Fishinfacts- Thanks for the laugh but I guess in this day and age it would have been better if you put a little feel good disclaimer somewhere in there that no liberal democrats were hurt in the telling of this harmless joke.

Only there itty bitty tender feelings......... Loved the joke by the way.....:laughing7:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on you guys, you know that only conservatives & religious people are open for ridicule!!! :BangHead:

S

stefen

WTF...maybe a controlled burn-type brush fire could clear out the deadwood and deadly vermin in order that the recreation area can be re-entered in the near future...religion and politics can be withheld until the ravine is de-brushed, and an all-clear is announced...

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
I really got a good laugh at this joke and yes it WAS spot on! Consider this you whiners, in the maturation cycle of human beings it is a little child who gets easily offended due to their limited understanding. As a person matures having gone through life they're supposed to become a more well rounded/BALANCED individual who can appreciate humor. Something to think about.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A woman from Los Angeles who was a tree hugging, anti-gun and an anti-miner purchased a piece of timberland near Colville, WA . There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big tree.
As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.
In considerable pain, she hurried to a local ER to see a doctor. She told him she was an environmentalist, a anti-gun, and an anti-miner and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go wait in the examining room and he would see if he could help her.
She sat and waited three hours before the doctor re-appeared.The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?"
He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a 'recreational area' so close to a Waste Treatment Facility.
AND I'M SORRY, BUT DUE TO YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER THEY TURNED YOU DOWN

I think she has a sister in Oregon...SSDD

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read a statement from the BLM.
They have announced, after millions paid to inspectors and in conjunction with EPA and the Forest service directives and since old growth timber associated with the spotted owl is threatened, the "recreation area" will be sold to the Nature Conservancy. The entire region will be designated as a swamp and placed into conservancy and entry by anyone will be completely restricted indefinitely. The area around the waste treatment facility will become a EPA cleanup site and EPA administrator Gina McCarthy is quoted as saying "dilution is the solution".
(there were no photos attached to the BLM statement)

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought it was funnier than he11 too, but when the political
backlash started it seemed reasonable to try and cut it off at
the pass.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
why the joke is appropriate,

Date Result Location Ayes Noes NVR Motion
09/11/15 (PASS) Senate Floor 24 14 2 Unfinished Business (Supplemental File 5) SB637 Allen Concurrence
Ayes: Allen, Beall, Block, De LeĂłn, Glazer, Hall, Hancock, Hertzberg, Hill, Hueso, Jackson, Lara, Leno, Leyva, Liu, McGuire, Mendoza, Mitchell, Monning, Pan, Pavley, Roth, Wieckowski, Wolk

Noes: Anderson, Bates, Berryhill, Cannella, Fuller, Gaines, Galgiani, Moorlach, Morrell, Nguyen, Nielsen, Runner, Stone, Vidak
No Votes Recorded: Hernandez, Huff

why the joke is appropriate,

09/11/15 (PASS) Assembly Floor 52 26 2 SB 637 Allen Senate Third Reading By DODD
Ayes: Alejo, Baker, Bloom, Bonilla, Bonta, Brown, Burke, Calderon, Campos, Chau, Chiu, Chu, Cooley, Cooper, Dababneh, Daly, Dodd, Eggman, Frazier, Cristina Garcia, Eduardo Garcia, Gatto, Gipson, Gomez, Gonzalez, Gordon, Hadley, Roger Hernández, Holden, Irwin, Jones-Sawyer, Levine, Linder, Lopez, Low, McCarty, Medina, Mullin, Nazarian, O'Donnell, Perea, Quirk, Rendon, Rodriguez, Salas, Santiago, Mark Stone, Thurmond, Ting, Weber, Wood, Atkins

Noes: Achadjian, Travis Allen, Bigelow, Brough, Chang, Chávez, Dahle, Beth Gaines, Gallagher, Gray, Grove, Harper, Jones, Kim, Lackey, Maienschein, Mathis, Mayes, Melendez, Obernolte, Olsen, Patterson, Steinorth, Wagner, Waldron, Wilk
No Votes Recorded: Ridley-Thomas, Williams

but on a happy note
http://naturalresources.house.gov/newsroom/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=399515

http://naturalresources.house.gov/newsroom/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread