Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went over and camped between Climax and Leadville last night. Somebody left a futon frame off out in the woods, so I thought about it for awhile and drug it through the woods to my campsite and threw my sleeping bag on it for the night. Pretty comfortable. Thought about haulin it out of there to the landfill, but it might serve a future purpose. Still a lot of smoke in the air up here. The Arkansas River is so small at this place you can spit across it. Took a night time pic at the Climax mine that came out kinda cool.

Attachments

• 8-20b.jpg
    8-20b.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 56
  • 8-20d.jpg
    8-20d.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 8-20e.jpg
    8-20e.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 8-20f.jpg
    8-20f.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 8-20h.jpg
    8-20h.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 57

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty scenery you have there! Is that you on the futon? Whoever it is, I can see a face in the flames of that fire. Kind of freaky. The night time pic is pretty neat.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled over to take a picture of Bartlett mountain at sunset about 1/2 way up the hill along the headwaters of the Arkansas and I saw someone rolled an old washing machine down the gulley. I guess an old ditched bedframe still has a useful purpose out in the sticks. Probably getting kind of brisk at night up there now isn't it?

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and have lots of memories up there hopefully it is not getting to trashed out. We spent a lot of time where there are old mining roads that are on the west side of the highway. There’s a few neat mines back up in there, one is right along a little stream. Great pictures!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tr, I scraped some frost off the windshield Monday morning so I geared up for a cool night. I like to burned up as it only got down to 45 Monday night. Temps have been fluctuating a lot lately. About the only places that are getting trashed diggingthe1 are areas where the homeless but not jobless set up hoovervilles, and those are usually closer to the resorts. Forest Service has stepped up and starting to police those areas and getting them cleaned up. Of course that does mean closing them down completely to any camping or even parking along the road, and I've lost one favorite campsite due to that, but I'm for it. Yeah Wrightdigger, unfortunately that's me, and I ain't very photogenic. I'm not sickly, but I am a little paler than normal due to not getting outdoors for most of the summer. And lots of my fire pics come out a little different, but I don't know why.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread