GA coast

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found some decent numbers of shark teeth from the beach on the northeast corner of Tybee Island.
Also.. many nice teeth including megs are found on the banks of the Savannah river.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Gator - Great! Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how i do once I get down there.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do!
It's been a while since I've been in that area... other things are there too. ;-) (get my point?)

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of wonderful stuff is in the Savannah area! There are also a lot of folks that hunt relics. Good luck!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a good man Gator.

Don't let that get out.. 8-)
Best of luck bro.
Looking forward to your posts from a brand new area.. it's always exciting to explore new territory.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coast is quite a drive from where I am at. Too far to do a hunt in one day. I hope you find many great things after you settle in. rock

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Gator - thanks for the advice. I have three very nice teeth in the collection now and looking to add more! I appreciate the help.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!
Post them in the fossil forum when you get a chance.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found some decent numbers of shark teeth from the beach on the northeast corner of Tybee Island.
Also.. many nice teeth including megs are found on the banks of the Savannah river.
Was at Tybee 2 years ago middle of the summer - on south side of the pier about 500 down the shore , some girl cut her foot really badly another swimmer grabbed her and reached down Thinking it was a piece of glass Pulled up a HUGE Mega tooth and took it to shore, People in the first aid station said its very common and one of several they recovered that season ----- It was in the Turtle Museum all that summer
Tybee is the furthest western sea coast on the east coast , has always held many fish through the ages ---- When looking be careful you might find the missing A BOMB

Last edited:

Perico

May 29, 2012
Edisto river in SC is a great river as well. Many people dive that river. Check YouTube for videos. You are moving to a great area.

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Edisto river in SC is a great river as well. Many people dive that river. Check YouTube for videos. You are moving to a great area.
Yep. Blackriverfossils is the name in edisto river fossil huntkng

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions