Gaithersburg, Maryland-Buried coin collection

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This one is for coin collectors, metal detectorist, and cache hunters.
In 1972 Herman Rabbit died. He left a map showing where $350,000 in paper money was buried in milk cans and a drum containing $50,000 in silver was buried. They were recovered. Now here's the kicker, He collected rare coins and his collection has never been found. The bad news is that he owned 3000 acres, but caches are usually buried in site of the house. Any one interested in partering on this one? Just find his house site and away we go. Frank

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
I live in Gaithersburg. I'm game. Only problem is this place has been overdeveloped now, and there's not much "Farmland" left.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Crazyfish, since you live up there, stop in the recorders office and find the location of Rabbit's place and who ownes it now. Check with them and get permission to search. If you need help on the search ,let me know and I will come up there. I am in Harford Co. , but it would be a good adventure. Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Good catch crazyfish, looks like that park has been graded and the rest developed. To late again I guess. Nice try, Frank

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Frankn said:
Good catch crazyfish, looks like that park has been graded and the rest developed. To late again I guess. Nice try, Frank

Attachments

• Laughing.gif
    Laughing.gif
    18 KB · Views: 14,769
  • Laughing.gif
    Laughing.gif
    18 KB · Views: 692

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread