Galveston MDing

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Re: Galveston MD'ing

If you detect in the water I suggest that you shuffle your feet in the sand (stingrays) and if you have a land unit don't get the box wet.
Otherwise than watching for the ocasionall "group of land sharks"( trouble-makers) you should be fine.

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV

So its not against the law to metela detect along the beaches there?

jf44

Jul 17, 2005
Timpson Tx North of Nacogdoches
Detector(s) used
MXT & Ace 250

We detected on beach last year after spring break in Port Bolivar and
Crystal Beach. It was ok there but in Galveston inside limits they may
have a city ordinance so you might want to check. Good Luck !

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY

I've detected on the west end of Galveston at some of the pocket beaches. I havent ever hunted at high island or Crystal Beach. there was a guy that used to hunt the beaches in galveston and had a website but I have since lost the link. he made out like a bandit down there finding hundreds of gold rings etc. Of course that was over a long period of time. The one thing I remember him saying was try to catch a north wind, and low tide. that way you can get farther out with out wading so deep to the second sandbars where the goodies are. Hope this helps. TMAN...

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Ive hunted with no problems but I coudent get a straight answer when I called the state park for permission

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II

The guy that used to hunt Galveston all the time and had a website was Norman. He developed a brain tumor a few years back and passed away. He was one heck of a hunter.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Will be at st louis pass this week. If any t netters are down there I will be at lot 24 st louis pass park. till wed already got a couple finds from Manvel I hope to have more this weekend with some Beach hunting. Albert

Ocean Oso

Mar 6, 2008
Galveston Island

Albert,

East Beach had about 15000 cars on it this week from the AIA Sandcastle Competition. Stewart Beach had about 5000 from normal beach use.

If you're around San Luis Pass don't go in the water beyond knee deep. The currents will take you in the channel in a heartbeat. Very dangerous currents down there and I'd venture to say 30-40% of G.I.'s drownings occur there.

If you want a pretty good CFS, head back toward Jamaica Beach to Nate's or get some BBQ at Seven Seas. That is about it for my knowledge on that end of the earth. I've always said if you drive past Jamaica Beach it feels like you might see a Spanish ship mooring in the bay.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston

Hey Albert: If you are still in Galveston< I will be hunting somewhere between 61st and the Flagship(24th) TOMORROW Tuesday afternoon, just a waiting for the extreme lo tide @ dark. Will be wearing dingy blue longsteeve shirt & sun hat, Waiving my Excal, and stumbling down the beach. Stop and say hi.....If you are free.. HH Gayle in Houston
OR my beeber is 281-287-3592

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread